Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: WhereismyGC.com Related Discussion & Updates

The header updated. We will continue to update it occasionally throughout the year.
    The original and the best source for green card predictions. www.whereismygc.com
    Simulate DoS visa allocation and create your own personalized forecast.

Congratulations to all those who can file 485 next month.

To celebrate this please accept this Free access code for WhereismyGC forecast.

The code is nbc6jTOfvM

Please use the tool at http://www.qesehmk.org/forums/content.php?tabid=73
    The original and the best source for green card predictions. www.whereismygc.com

Header updated.

Forecast updated at www.whereismygc.com

Just was punching random dates in 2007 and 2008 in EB3I..., tool forecasts that older PDs will become current later than the newer PDs. Issue with a tool or user error ;-) ?

Dear User,

Thank you for the feedback. The FREE Widget tool available on Qesehmk.org is not always synched up with the latest forecast. We have synched it up now. You can check again.

Hope this helps. Pl feel free to let us know if you have other questions.
    Quote Originally Posted by greenback View Post
    Just was punching random dates in 2007 and 2008 in EB3I..., tool forecasts that older PDs will become current later than the newer PDs. Issue with a tool or user error ;-) ?
    Last edited by whereismygc; 09-23-2015 at 12:24 PM.

The Early Bird promotion for year 2016 ends 1 week from now. Hurry!

Code EB60 - Get 60% off on Year plan.
    Code 3YEARS - Get 2 Extra years when you buy 1

www.whereismygc.com

Today is the last day to redeem these codes.
    Quote Originally Posted by whereismygc View Post
    The Early Bird promotion for year 2016.

Code EB60 - Get 60% off on Year plan.
    Code 3YEARS - Get 2 Extra years when you buy 1

www.whereismygc.com

We are setting WhereismyGC for USCIS year 2016. It will be completed before Oct 7th. Thank you for your patience.

Until then - the forecast is going to be unstable .
    Last edited by whereismygc; 10-01-2015 at 02:02 PM.

Freshman
    I just checked the whereismygc tool...Things dont seem good for EB2...My priority date is May 25 2011..As per tool should get GC by 2025...
    Not sure if it will ever happen..

Quote Originally Posted by cool_dude View Post
    I just checked the whereismygc tool...Things dont seem good for EB2...My priority date is May 25 2011..As per tool should get GC by 2025...
    Today is the first day of USCIS year 2016. The tool is using 2016 quota but still looking at 2015 inventory. We need to create a new estimate of current inventory. That is why the forecast could be outrageous. The tool will be ready for predictions for USCIS year 2016 latest by Oct 7th.

However generally speaking EB2 I and EB3 I are increasingly converging in terms of the time to GC because the traditional visa sources of EB2-I are drying up (viz. EB1 EB2ROW and EB5).

Sensei
    Quote Originally Posted by cool_dude View Post
    You might as well look up and read the stars. That tool, like every other, wildly moves back and forth (mostly forth!). At one time, Apr 2014 was my "realistic or average" scenario; today June 2017 is the "optimistic" date, while the "average" date is 2019!!

I don't blame them: they are doing the best with the flawed data they have from USCIS. When data are wrong, no forecast can be meaningful.
    Last edited by nbk1976; 10-01-2015 at 10:06 PM.

Dear nbk1976 - Thanks for your comments. We hear you. Let us help you understand the strength and limitations of WhereismyGC's simulator. If there is more followup required - we will move this discussion to WhereismyGC's thread because we dont want to hijack this particular thread.

WhereismyGC is obviously much better than astrology - but it is even better than a model based forecasting tool. Model based forecasting - e.g. trying to predict price of wheat next year based on rainfall this year - work when the input factors are limited and good inputs are available. But when attempting to forecast a very fluid and ambiguous situation - e.g. understanding congestion of airplanes at an airport - can't be achieved quite well using models. Immigration falls in this second category because not enough information is available and there are quite a few moving parts.

So whereismygc deploys a simulators that works on input data. This is a huge improvement on spreadsheets because it allows to adjust for many factors that a spreadsheet can't. A bad input data can skew the forecast even more in a spreadsheet than in a simulator. So a simulator is better than a spreadsheet any day.

Now let us address Swings and a general trend of delayed approved timelines - that you raised.

EB-I has huge demand and the supply is not even 20% of the demand - thus making an acute problem even more acute every year. The only remedy has been extra visas from other categories. Even slight variations in other categories can significantly impact EB-I's prospects. That causes these swings in the short term. We keep adjusting the forecast based on the latest understanding of how many visas are being consumed in other categories. unfortunately we have to infer such information. We wish DoS published such information on a weekly basis. They must know who they gave a visa to - every day!

The degeneration of GC timelines for EB2 is a very significant and true trend. EB2-I's prognosis is becoming worse because as the economy picks up we see very healthy demand across other categories. Our predictions merely reflect that reality.

We know that - people don't like it. But we would be doing a disservice to you if we took your money and showed you a false picture. Like this blog - WhereismyGC's forecast aims to help immigrants make better decisions by providing them realistic information about green card wait times.

We leave the politics and advocacy to others. In fact we hope - those engaged in advocacy use this information to make realistic goals for advocacy.

Hope this helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by nbk1976 View Post
    You might as well look up and read the stars. That tool, like every other, wildly moves back and forth (mostly forth!). At one time, Apr 2014 was my "realistic or average" scenario; today June 2017 is the "optimistic" date, while the "average" date is 2019!!

I don't blame them: they are doing the best with the flawed data they have from USCIS. When data are wrong, no forecast can be meaningful.

WhereismyGC is now ready with 2016 forecasting.

The next and best update will happen when Oct 2015 485 inventory is published. That would be sometime in Nov or Dec - depending on when USCIS publishes it.

Here is an example of why forecast keeps changing.

Sent: Friday, October 02, 2015 10:07 AM
    To: WhereismyGC <help@whereismygc.com>
    Subject: Re: WhereismyGC is now setup for 2016

Hi,

Your tool shows there are ~9000 applicants ahead of me. ( PD June 29,2009 , EB2I ). Per the pending inventory released on July 20, 2015, it was around 6500. Why did the number go up? I would have thought it would have gone down by a little but did not expect it to go up.

Could you please provide some stats on this? Appreciate it.

Thank you !!
    Hello XXXX,

The reason is we are assuming 2200 new porting cases from EB3 to EB2 for 2004-2007 EB3 India. All these people now get ahead of you in the line.

The rest difference is due to where we thought we would end year 2015 vs where we think now we ended it.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
    Team WhereismyGC

We are glad to announce that now onwards ALL users of WhereismyGC.com will receive FREE forecast.

To avail - simply sign up FREE at www.whereismygc.com

If you want to see the detailed forecast you can optionally buy paid forecast plan.

note: WhereismyGC reserves the right to remove the free forecast anytime without notice.
    Last edited by whereismygc; 10-08-2015 at 12:23 AM.

We are still not done with uploading the 485 inventory data and hence the system is under maintenance. Expect to complete this by tonight.

Our apologies to all users. As a result we will issue a 50% off on daily plan for next 2 days.

WhereismyGC forecast is updated based on new 485 inventory. We are sorry for the delay.

Please accept 50% off on a day plan. The code is "SORRY". It expires on Thursday.

Last edited by whereismygc; 11-02-2015 at 10:21 PM.

20% off on Day and Week plans.
    Promo Code - HAPPYDIWALI
    Expires Nov 15th.
    www.whereismygc.com

WhereismyGC.com will be down for maintenance until Saturday evening. Qesehmk.org might also be impacted.

We are constantly trying to improve in order to serve you better. As part of our efforts to improve our offering we have recently lowered the price of our monthly as well as annual plan. We have eliminated the day and week subscription options and introduced and a 6 month or semi-annual plan to give you better value for your money.

We hope you like our improved and more valuable offerings. What is better is you can still benefit from the 50% off. Just use the code CHRISTMAS.

50% promotion ends today. Hurry!!

http://www.whereismygc.com

EB2-India vs EB3-India

Yesterday we had an interesting conversation with one of our users (JDoe). In the interest of broader userbase we would like to disclose the general details without disclosing personal data of the user.

JDoe was concerned that WhereismyGC forecast for EB2-I was too pessimistic and JDoe needed to make decision on whether to pursue GC at all. His wife recently started on F1. Children are getting older and JDoe is concerned them aging out.

While helping him through the forecast and what is driving the forecast - both of us uncovered an interesting thing.

We discovered that at some point of time EB3-India dates might move ahead of EB2-India. In other words - if things proceed as they seem to be - then soon EB3-India folks might start receiving green cards faster than EB2-India.

This sounds counter intuitive but the data we have today supports this. Thus we advised him that he may want to consider downgrading to EB3 should such scenario materialize. He already talked to his lawyer and the lawyer confirmed this can be done in his case.

The primary driver of this is the simple fact that EB3ROW has moved so fast forward that it has created real potential of good spillover to EB3. And across all countries most people today prefer to file EB2. So EB3 doesn't really have that solid demand in the out years as EB2 does.

Something to consider ....

Published in the general interest of people.

Freshman
    Quote Originally Posted by whereismygc View Post
    Yesterday we had an interesting conversation with one of our users (JDoe). In the interest of broader userbase we would like to disclose the general details without disclosing personal data of the user.

JDoe was concerned that WhereismyGC forecast for EB2-I was too pessimistic and JDoe needed to make decision on whether to pursue GC at all. His wife recently started on F1. Children are getting older and JDoe is concerned them aging out.

While helping him through the forecast and what is driving the forecast - both of us uncovered an interesting thing.

We discovered that at some point of time EB3-India dates might move ahead of EB2-India. In other words - if things proceed as they seem to be - then soon EB3-India folks might start receiving green cards faster than EB2-India.

This sounds counter intuitive but the data we have today supports this. Thus we advised him that he may want to consider downgrading to EB3 should such scenario materialize. He already talked to his lawyer and the lawyer confirmed this can be done in his case.

The primary driver of this is the simple fact that EB3ROW has moved so fast forward that it has created real potential of good spillover to EB3. And across all countries most people today prefer to file EB2. So EB3 doesn't really have that solid demand in the out years as EB2 does.

Something to consider ....

Published in the general interest of people.
    That is what I been thinking...But will have to see actual EB3 spillover and impact of it to be sure..

Thread Information