Thread: H4 EAD and I485 EAD/ AP

H4 EAD and I485 EAD/ AP

Hi Gurus,

My priority date is 11/2009 EB2 India and we will be filing our I485 next month. My wife recently got the H4 EAD which is valid till 02/2017. My question is should we apply for her combo EAD/AP card now with I485 filing and will she get a new EAD while her H4 EAD is valid? Does USCIS allow to file an EAD in a different category when current EAD is valid for more than 120 days? Or, should we just apply for her stand alone AP and carry two separate EAD and AP cards? Please advise.

Pandit
    Quote Originally Posted by gcwait View Post
    Hi Gurus,

My priority date is 11/2009 EB2 India and we will be filing our I485 next month. My wife recently got the H4 EAD which is valid till 02/2017. My question is should we apply for her combo EAD/AP card now with I485 filing and will she get a new EAD while her H4 EAD is valid? Does USCIS allow to file an EAD in a different category when current EAD is valid for more than 120 days? Or, should we just apply for her stand alone AP and carry two separate EAD and AP cards? Please advise.
    I may be in the same situation next month. Still waiting for H4 EAD, has been more nearing 3 months. How long is it taking these days to get the H4EAD?

She got it in about 75 days.

Pandit
    Anyone getting H4 EADs approved recently.
    My spouse RD was Jun/24 and Acceptance Date was Jun/29 and still no update. Reaching 90 days.
    Are there any steps we can take to get this moved forward.

Apart from spending for the above we now also are ready to file for 485.
    Quote Originally Posted by gcwait View Post
    She got it in about 75 days.

Yoda
    I am in same situation. My wife got H4 EAD in July. Will be filing I485 on 1st October. Attorney advised we should file for I485 EAD and once she gets the new EAD (Category C9), she just replaces the H4 EAD with new EAD.

So whether you can apply for a new EAD in different category while you already have one - this is not an issue
    should you do it? - its a personal decision.

In my case we are applying for new EAD.

Pandit
    Thanks, I am applying too as part of the 485. But the limbo is its been 90 days I still did not receive the H4 EAD yet. So was checking if anyone received recently.
    Also is there a way we can check with USCIS where the previous case is. Online it says that the applications are received, and will communicate the decision.

Quote Originally Posted by skpanda View Post
    I am in same situation. My wife got H4 EAD in July. Will be filing I485 on 1st October. Attorney advised we should file for I485 EAD and once she gets the new EAD (Category C9), she just replaces the H4 EAD with new EAD.

So whether you can apply for a new EAD in different category while you already have one - this is not an issue
    should you do it? - its a personal decision.

In my case we are applying for new EAD.

Receipt Date - July 7
    Approval Date - August 6

It was super-quick for my spouse.

Quote Originally Posted by srimurthy View Post
    Anyone getting H4 EADs approved recently.
    My spouse RD was Jun/24 and Acceptance Date was Jun/29 and still no update. Reaching 90 days.
    Are there any steps we can take to get this moved forward.

Apart from spending for the above we now also are ready to file for 485.

Hold on guys, check the visa bulletin now, they revised EB2I filing date to 01 Jul 09.

http://travel.state.gov/content/visa...ober-2015.html.

Pandit
    Was your application filed in Texas or Vermont.
    Ours was in Vermont. Its really frustrating with no update in 3 months and now with the new changes in Filing Acceptance dates.

Can we raise a SR or anything on this?

Quote Originally Posted by cancer24 View Post
    Receipt Date - July 7
    Approval Date - August 6

California Service Center.

Not sure about process for expediting this, if any, but you can check with your attorney.

Quote Originally Posted by srimurthy View Post
    Was your application filed in Texas or Vermont.
    Ours was in Vermont. Its really frustrating with no update in 3 months and now with the new changes in Filing Acceptance dates.

Can we raise a SR or anything on this?

Hello All

I need some advise from the experts. I have applied for my EAD Renewal on August 7th 2015, My EAD is expiring Oct 18th 2015. I am currently employed and want to understand what are the actions is should take. Can i continue to work past oct 18th at my work place or do i have to take a vacation? Can i expedite the EAD renewal process by openeing an SR or taking infopass? When i tried to create an SR online - system wouldnt allow as its not been past 90 days of processing time. Please suggest what are my options?

Quote Originally Posted by cancer24 View Post
    Receipt Date - July 7
    Approval Date - August 6

Only a month. That's very quick.

Thread Information