Page 92 of 96 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394 ... LastLast
Results 2,276 to 2,300 of 2378

Thread: EB2-3 Predictions (Rather Calculations)

  1. #2276
    sorry for off topic question, our EAD/AP expires second week of dec 2017, we are planning to apply for renewal ourselves, have done that last 2 times. lawyer tells me that I can now apply for EAD/AP renewal 180 days in advance. I remember that used to be 120 days in advance. did that recently change?

  2. #2277
    Thanks a lot Spec, appreciate it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Spectator View Post
    Hope21,

    I suggest you read the USCIS Policy Manual, Volume 7 Adjustment of Status, Chapter 7 Transfer of Underlying Basis which provides information pertinent to this situation.

    https://www.uscis.gov/policymanual/H...-Chapter7.html

    From a quick read, you'll have to make a request in writing to USCIS and the request cannot be made until a visa is immediately available (i.e. the PD is current for the new basis). The policy doesn't make any mention or differentiation between Filing Dates and Final Action Dates.

  3. #2278
    I would deeply appreciate if someone can weigh in on my post above. Looking to renew EAD and AP that expire mid dec 2017, we are in EB2 (c9 category for EAD).
    1. Can we send in renewal for EAD 180 days in advance?
    2. does the same apply to AP as well (180 days in advance)?
    thank you

  4. #2279
    Guru imdeng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Ann Arbor MI
    Posts
    1,029
    I havent heard about any change to the 120 days limit. The EAD is automatically extended by 180 days if you file for renewal before the expiration - could that be what your lawyer is talking about? This extension is not for AP though.

    Quote Originally Posted by AC_1980 View Post
    sorry for off topic question, our EAD/AP expires second week of dec 2017, we are planning to apply for renewal ourselves, have done that last 2 times. lawyer tells me that I can now apply for EAD/AP renewal 180 days in advance. I remember that used to be 120 days in advance. did that recently change?
    EB2I NSC | PD: 08/07/2009 | Forum Glossary

  5. #2280
    Guru imdeng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Ann Arbor MI
    Posts
    1,029
    I was mistaken. Here it is from the horse's mouth: https://www.federalregister.gov/docu...-skilled#p-759

    As EAD and AP go together, my guess will be that it will work for both.

    Quote Originally Posted by imdeng View Post
    I havent heard about any change to the 120 days limit. The EAD is automatically extended by 180 days if you file for renewal before the expiration - could that be what your lawyer is talking about? This extension is not for AP though.
    EB2I NSC | PD: 08/07/2009 | Forum Glossary

  6. #2281

    H1B RFE Lost in the mail

    I apologize for this being a little off topic but needed some help..
    Applied for 4th H1B extension on March 31st(premium got transformed to regular), RFE was mailed on June 29th which seems to be lost in the mail. My employer is a regular ,non-consulting full time USA based company and company's HR (i.e not a lawyer) usually handles H1B applications. 2 weeks ago, she got in touch with USCIS again and was told that a new letter will be sent out soon...So far we haven't received anything yet ..

    1. How much time we usually get to respond to RFE? I understand time to respond to RFE is specified in the letter but since my employer has not received the letter yet is the application in trouble now that 30 days have passed already?
    2 The online status msg indicates we can file e-request on July 29th? If we do this , would they email us the letter?
    3. I read somewhere that the petitioner has to prove that they never received the letter?How do we do that?

    Since time is running out was wondering if the experts here can suggest the next steps for my employer ? Call Customer service, INFO PASS(not sure how risky this is) , hire a lawyer etc

    Thanks
    Last edited by toomuchguy; 07-28-2017 at 11:09 AM.

  7. #2282
    June 2017 Consular Processing Figures

    DOS have published the figures for June 2017 https://travel.state.gov/content/vis...issuances.html

    Here's the analysis of the Employment Based Classes.

    June 2017 Consular Processing - Employment Classes
    Class --- China --- India --- Mexico --- Philippines ---- ROW --- Total
    EB1 ------- 00 ------ 5 ------- 3 ------------ 0 ---- 160 ----- 168
    EB2 ------- 05 ------ 6 ------- 1 ----------- 34 ---- 258 ----- 304
    EB3 ------- 27 ----- 21 ------ 27 ---------- 247 ---- 252 ----- 574
    EB4 -------- 2 ----- 31 ------- 0 ------------ 6 ---- 98 ----- 137
    EB5 ------ 508 ----- 08 ------- 0 ------------ 0 ----- 175 ----- 691

    Total ---- 542 ----- 71 ------ 31 ---------- 287 ---- 943 --- 1,874

  8. #2283
    redsox2009,

    Thanks for the heads up on the release and taking the time to compile the summary.

    I made EB2-I 9 cases but otherwise calculated the same figures.

    India E21 3
    India E22 5
    India E23 1
    Without an irritant, there can be no pearl.

  9. #2284
    Sophomore
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    43
    The general time for RFE response is 80 - 90 days. I doubt you are in trouble for that yet. Can't help much with the other questions though. Only suggestion for #3 is to document every correspondence (mail/call/email) you have with USICS in the meantime. For any mail you send, ensure you get USPS tracking and receipt confirmations.

    Hiring a lawyer is worth the consideration.. just make sure you hire a good one. Best of luck!

    Quote Originally Posted by toomuchguy View Post
    I apologize for this being a little off topic but needed some help..
    Applied for 4th H1B extension on March 31st(premium got transformed to regular), RFE was mailed on June 29th which seems to be lost in the mail. My employer is a regular ,non-consulting full time USA based company and company's HR (i.e not a lawyer) usually handles H1B applications. 2 weeks ago, she got in touch with USCIS again and was told that a new letter will be sent out soon...So far we haven't received anything yet ..

    1. How much time we usually get to respond to RFE? I understand time to respond to RFE is specified in the letter but since my employer has not received the letter yet is the application in trouble now that 30 days have passed already?
    2 The online status msg indicates we can file e-request on July 29th? If we do this , would they email us the letter?
    3. I read somewhere that the petitioner has to prove that they never received the letter?How do we do that?

    Since time is running out was wondering if the experts here can suggest the next steps for my employer ? Call Customer service, INFO PASS(not sure how risky this is) , hire a lawyer etc

    Thanks

    Disclaimer: This is just my opinion, not legal advice. Please consult a lawyer.

  10. #2285
    Quote Originally Posted by AC_1980 View Post
    I would deeply appreciate if someone can weigh in on my post above. Looking to renew EAD and AP that expire mid dec 2017, we are in EB2 (c9 category for EAD).
    1. Can we send in renewal for EAD 180 days in advance?
    2. does the same apply to AP as well (180 days in advance)?
    thank you
    Yes. My attorney has been doing the same for the last couple of time. 180 days ahead of expiry date so that we have enough time to receive new EAD/AP.

  11. #2286
    Thank you everyone! I appreciate all the feedback I got here.

  12. #2287

    September VB is out

    https://travel.state.gov/content/vis.../bulletin.html


    EB1-I is retrogressed to 2012.
    EB2-I moved by 1 month
    EB3-I moved by 3 months.

    Regards

  13. #2288
    Amul,
    Congrats!!

    Anu,
    you should be the next. your spouse can discard the 2010 PD now.

    This 3 year old chart still has some steam: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B89...it?usp=sharing
    originally predicted on clearing the eb3I backlogs by Sep 30th last year but now we can expect it to happen by next 6 to 9 months.

    By end of next year we can expect both the EB3I and EB2I PDs equate somewhere around 2008/2009 PDs (No MORE UPWARD porting) then we might see the movement in EB2I by reverse porting to EB3I.

  14. #2289
    Quote Originally Posted by YTeleven View Post
    Amul,
    Congrats!!

    Anu,
    you should be the next. your spouse can discard the 2010 PD now.

    This 3 year old chart still has some steam: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B89...it?usp=sharing
    originally predicted on clearing the eb3I backlogs by Sep 30th last year but now we can expect it to happen by next 6 to 9 months.

    By end of next year we can expect both the EB3I and EB2I PDs equate somewhere around 2008/2009 PDs (No MORE UPWARD porting) then we might see the movement in EB2I by reverse porting to EB3I.
    Welcome back YT!! Missed you. Your prediction was actually great and it would have certainly happened if CO had not misallocated GCs from EB3 to other categories in the past 2 years. I am certain it happened this year too. It is amazing that you predicted it 3 years ago when all was doom and gloom in EB3I.

    I too saw Amulchandra got greened. Very happy for him. Anugc is next.

  15. #2290
    Quote Originally Posted by YTeleven View Post
    Amul,
    Congrats!!

    Anu,
    you should be the next. your spouse can discard the 2010 PD now.

    This 3 year old chart still has some steam: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B89...it?usp=sharing
    originally predicted on clearing the eb3I backlogs by Sep 30th last year but now we can expect it to happen by next 6 to 9 months.

    By end of next year we can expect both the EB3I and EB2I PDs equate somewhere around 2008/2009 PDs (No MORE UPWARD porting) then we might see the movement in EB2I by reverse porting to EB3I.
    Thank you very much. I am very surprised when I saw your post. Literally brought me to tears. This is just an example of how much we support each other as a backlogged community.

    FYI for others- My green card got approved today. Got CPO texts and emails this morning.
    This was a veeeery long journey. This forum kept me informed through out the process. Can't thank everyone enough. I hope everyone gets to the finish line soon.

  16. #2291
    I see two positive things in Sep Visa Bulletin.

    1. EB2 World wide dates also moved, this is an indication for EB1 worldwide demand is lower than expected.
    2. EB3 all countries except China advanced, which shows low demand.

    Hopefully next year both EB2I and EB3I will have race competition.

  17. #2292
    Quote Originally Posted by YTeleven View Post
    Amul,
    Congrats!!

    Anu,
    you should be the next. your spouse can discard the 2010 PD now.

    This 3 year old chart still has some steam: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B89...it?usp=sharing
    originally predicted on clearing the eb3I backlogs by Sep 30th last year but now we can expect it to happen by next 6 to 9 months.

    By end of next year we can expect both the EB3I and EB2I PDs equate somewhere around 2008/2009 PDs (No MORE UPWARD porting) then we might see the movement in EB2I by reverse porting to EB3I.
    YTEleven

    Thank you for your kind words and yes we can discard the 2010 date hopefully. I couldnt agree more with EB3Iwaiting and Amul. Your chart back in 2014 or 2015 kept people like me and Amul going for the past few years. Thanks for giving us hope. Forever thankful for this forum for its no nonsense discussion backed by facts and some serious number crunching based on pathetic data that was available.

  18. #2293
    Quote Originally Posted by EB3Iwaiting View Post
    Welcome back YT!! Missed you. Your prediction was actually great and it would have certainly happened if CO had not misallocated GCs from EB3 to other categories in the past 2 years. I am certain it happened this year too. It is amazing that you predicted it 3 years ago when all was doom and gloom in EB3I.

    I too saw Amulchandra got greened. Very happy for him. Anugc is next.
    I hope so to, just like Amul we have been discussing on few forums now and its become like a routine for most of us waiting for decades here.

  19. #2294
    This was a bittersweet year for EB2 India. Good things: EB3 India dates moved fast releasing significant porting pressure from EB2 for the next year, EB2I did not retrogress and continued to make slow but steady progress throughout the year. On the negative side, dates did not move as fast as some people wished due to lack of spillover visas. Now, the next bulletin is very important. We will get to see the new revised filing dates, which will give us an initial idea about how far the final action dates are expected to progress by the end of the next year for both EB2I and EB3I.

    One thing looks certain now...sometime next year, EB2I will leave 2008 behind for good!
    Last edited by vedu; 08-10-2017 at 11:20 AM.

  20. #2295
    I used to write here under the name "justvisiting" but lost my password. I have silently followed the blog over the past 4 years. Since 2013, it is amazing to see the rate of advancement of EB-3. It is unclear to me how EB-3 ROW+M demand is still lower than that of EB-2, but that is the case when you check USCIS demand data. The inevitable result has occurred, and (although likely a fluke) the latest two visa bulletins have EB-3-ROW+M as C and not EB-2-WW.
    For most on EB-2-WW, this will not be an issue. The time and effort to downgrade from EB2 to EB3 is not worth it, if all you have to do is wait a couple of months. But if the trends persist, we may well see a situation in the future were EB2 and EB3 reach an equilibrium, not only for China and India, but ROW and Mexico too. It will be interesting to see where this trend goes.

  21. #2296
    Q, Spec, YTeleven, eb3iwaiting, anu,


    Finally a very long journey came to an end. Yesterday I received my physical green card.

    My heartfelt thanks to everyone here . This forum always gave factual information based on data. This has given me hope and kept me going for the past many years. Thank you very much.

    Good luck to all those who are waiting. Hope that some sanity prevails and this backlog will be fixed soon.

  22. #2297
    Quote Originally Posted by amulchandra View Post
    Q, Spec, YTeleven, eb3iwaiting, anu,


    Finally a very long journey came to an end. Yesterday I received my physical green card.

    My heartfelt thanks to everyone here . This forum always gave factual information based on data. This has given me hope and kept me going for the past many years. Thank you very much.

    Good luck to all those who are waiting. Hope that some sanity prevails and this backlog will be fixed soon.
    Congratulations!

    Its been ages we saw post about someone getting greened. enjoy!

  23. #2298
    Quote Originally Posted by amulchandra View Post
    Q, Spec, YTeleven, eb3iwaiting, anu,


    Finally a very long journey came to an end. Yesterday I received my physical green card.

    My heartfelt thanks to everyone here . This forum always gave factual information based on data. This has given me hope and kept me going for the past many years. Thank you very much.

    Good luck to all those who are waiting. Hope that some sanity prevails and this backlog will be fixed soon.
    Congrats, enjoy the freedom !

  24. #2299
    Quote Originally Posted by amulchandra View Post
    Q, Spec, YTeleven, eb3iwaiting, anu,


    Finally a very long journey came to an end. Yesterday I received my physical green card.

    My heartfelt thanks to everyone here . This forum always gave factual information based on data. This has given me hope and kept me going for the past many years. Thank you very much.

    Good luck to all those who are waiting. Hope that some sanity prevails and this backlog will be fixed soon.
    Amul,

    So pleased for you!!

    Happy times.
    Without an irritant, there can be no pearl.

  25. #2300
    Guru imdeng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Ann Arbor MI
    Posts
    1,029
    Congratulations!! Its been some time since someone posted good news here - so good to have one of these after so long.

    Quote Originally Posted by amulchandra View Post
    Q, Spec, YTeleven, eb3iwaiting, anu,


    Finally a very long journey came to an end. Yesterday I received my physical green card.

    My heartfelt thanks to everyone here . This forum always gave factual information based on data. This has given me hope and kept me going for the past many years. Thank you very much.

    Good luck to all those who are waiting. Hope that some sanity prevails and this backlog will be fixed soon.
    EB2I NSC | PD: 08/07/2009 | Forum Glossary

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 8 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 8 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •