Page 88 of 92 FirstFirst ... 38788687888990 ... LastLast
Results 2,176 to 2,200 of 2278

Thread: EB2-3 Predictions (Rather Calculations)

Quote Originally Posted by amulchandra View Post
    Exactly my thought. Hopefully this year EB3 India 2006 PDs will see some light.
    They are seeing light already. RFE's for April 2006 PD's are also sighted.

Analysis of I485 Pending inventory Data

Quote Originally Posted by HarepathekaIntezar View Post
    They are seeing light already. RFE's for April 2006 PD's are also sighted.
    EB3I is supposed to have rapid movement.However, in last 2 years they didn't allocate that many spillovers to India only for EB3. Considerable spillovers are allocated to Philippines as well even though their queue is shorter than India. Also , I'm not sure about the correctness of the data they have reported . For example , Look at the EB2I inventory . Numbers reduced by 3K from 2010 and no change in 2009. I have outlined analysis in my blog :

http://chatur-chintamani.blogspot.com/

There should be more transparency about visa allocation which will help us to estimate our predictions correctly.

Where did you see April 2006 RFE? Can you post the link?

Are people having any issues with their employers on getting the Supplement J's filled out.

I'm no where near current but had a colleague in my company (big american company) who got an RFE and barely got it signed today. He was on EAD from a diff company and didn't file AC21 when he joined this big company. (Same situation as mine, I didn't file AC21 as well)

Fragomen told him you're not on our records and we can fill out Supplement J. HR said talk to Fragomen, Fragomen said talk to HR. Finally he got it done once Fragomen said they will decide on the occupation code based on their conversations with the manager and HR. I expect to be in the same boat when I'm current. These lawyers are a curse on people in the immigration line. Sorry had to rant.

Quote Originally Posted by smuggymba View Post
    Are people having any issues with their employers on getting the Supplement J's filled out.

I'm no where near current but had a colleague in my company (big american company) who got an RFE and barely got it signed today. He was on EAD from a diff company and didn't file AC21 when he joined this big company. (Same situation as mine, I didn't file AC21 as well)

Fragomen told him you're not on our records and we can fill out Supplement J. HR said talk to Fragomen, Fragomen said talk to HR. Finally he got it done once Fragomen said they will decide on the occupation code based on their conversations with the manager and HR. I expect to be in the same boat when I'm current. These lawyers are a curse on people in the immigration line. Sorry had to rant.
    Are you working for this big american company as a full time or contractor.
    If you are working as a full time, how come the company has a problem in issuing Supplement J.
    Did your responsibilities change from the one on labor petition?

Quote Originally Posted by Mohan34689 View Post
    If you are working as a full time, how come the company has a problem in issuing Supplement J.
    Fragomen is a POS. Fragomen needs to review your Original LCA filing and see what occupation it was filed for and advice HR, so HR can give the same in the Supplement J. I was lucky to have got my GC before this Sup J came into effect, otherwise, I would also be in the same boat, because Fragomen is also the Attorney for my BIG company.

Quote Originally Posted by Abhinav3799 View Post
    EB3I is supposed to have rapid movement.However, in last 2 years they didn't allocate that many spillovers to India only for EB3. Considerable spillovers are allocated to Philippines as well even though their queue is shorter than India. Also , I'm not sure about the correctness of the data they have reported . For example , Look at the EB2I inventory . Numbers reduced by 3K from 2010 and no change in 2009. I have outlined analysis in my blog :

http://chatur-chintamani.blogspot.com/

There should be more transparency about visa allocation which will help us to estimate our predictions correctly.
    Pending Inventory has always been fudged. No point in analysing fudged data.

Quote Originally Posted by Mohan34689 View Post
    Full time. This supp J is so new that HR has no clue. They're thinking they're "sponsoring" a new visa/employee. As soon as "sponsor" word comes into picture everyone pulls back and says we don't sponsor anyone. EVL's were never an issues, HR used to give that on the same day.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectator View Post
    I've updated the PERM Data with the Q2 FY2017 data release.
    Looks like there are only 13388 perms approved for EB India in 2008 as per PERM_DATA. Can you please cross check. All other years matches with my calculations.

Thank you;

Quote Originally Posted by HarepathekaIntezar View Post
    Fragomen is a POS.
    Agree. We had to fire them.

Sorry posting off-topic, I recently moved and am trying to change address online using online AR-11 form: https://egov.uscis.gov/coa/displayCOAForm.do

When I fill out all information, at the end the form does not submit and throws an error stating not the correct receipt number for the type of form (I485). I have double and triple checked the receipt number, tried different web browsers, office and home, but the problem prevails. Has anyone else encountered this recently?

I called USCIS and after informing me with the current status (we received response to RFE ....in 2014...), they told me that I will have to fill out the form and mail it in:
    https://www.uscis.gov/addresschange

Looking through their webpage above, I cannot determine which address to mail it to, the webpage says I-485 but includes as an abused spouse, and requires to be mailed to St. Albans, VT. The actual AR-11 PDF form requires it to be mailed to Harrisonburg, VA.

I believe I should mail it to Harrisonburg, VA being a EB2 I-485. Is my understanding correct? If someone can advise, I will appreciate it.

Sensei
    Quote Originally Posted by AC_1980 View Post
    Sorry posting off-topic, I recently moved and am trying to change address online using online AR-11 form: https://egov.uscis.gov/coa/displayCOAForm.do

When I fill out all information, at the end the form does not submit and throws an error stating not the correct receipt number for the type of form (I485). I have double and triple checked the receipt number, tried different web browsers, office and home, but the problem prevails. Has anyone else encountered this recently?

I called USCIS and after informing me with the current status (we received response to RFE ....in 2014...), they told me that I will have to fill out the form and mail it in:
    https://www.uscis.gov/addresschange

Looking through their webpage above, I cannot determine which address to mail it to, the webpage says I-485 but includes as an abused spouse, and requires to be mailed to St. Albans, VT. The actual AR-11 PDF form requires it to be mailed to Harrisonburg, VA.

I believe I should mail it to Harrisonburg, VA being a EB2 I-485. Is my understanding correct? If someone can advise, I will appreciate it.
    Download the AR-11 form and open it. On the second page, there is a clearly marked box telling you to mail it to Harrisonburg, VA.

Don't forget to send via certified mail with a physical signature return confirmation. Save that confirmation card that is returned.
    Last edited by nbk1976; 05-16-2017 at 09:27 PM.

Lawyer suggestion for I-485 RFE response

Has anyone filed the I-485 RFE response by themselves for dependents? Also can anyone suggest a good lawyer for filing the RFE response? I changed many jobs after 180 days of filing I-485, never filed AC-21 as per old lawyer's suggestion. Last week I suddenly got the RFE much sooner than expected(March 15, 2006 Eb3-I). Based on my previous experience I do not wish to use the same lawyer. In my current company everyone is either GC holder or citizen. The company does not have any immigration lawyer. I am looking for lawyer suggestions.
    Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by Madhu7 View Post
    Has anyone filed the I-485 RFE response by themselves for dependents? Also can anyone suggest a good lawyer for filing the RFE response? I changed many jobs after 180 days of filing I-485, never filed AC-21 as per old lawyer's suggestion. Last week I suddenly got the RFE much sooner than expected(March 15, 2006 Eb3-I). Based on my previous experience I do not wish to use the same lawyer. In my current company everyone is either GC holder or citizen. The company does not have any immigration lawyer. I am looking for lawyer suggestions.
    Thanks,
    you can hire any reputed lawyer but they will ask you HR to fill out the supplement J. Are there any changes in job duties or is this a straightforward case?

Main question - is your current company supportive or not. That's the main thing. Filling out form/lawyer are things you don't need to worry about.

I'm worried about the day I get the supplement J RFE (PD March 2010 EB2) because my company is generally not supportive and just goes by what the stupid ppl in Fragomen tell them.

Quote Originally Posted by smuggymba View Post
    you can hire any reputed lawyer but they will ask you HR to fill out the supplement J. Are there any changes in job duties or is this a straightforward case?

Main question - is your current company supportive or not. That's the main thing. Filling out form/lawyer are things you don't need to worry about.

I'm worried about the day I get the supplement J RFE (PD March 2010 EB2) because my company is generally not supportive and just goes by what the stupid ppl in Fragomen tell them.
    Fortunately my company is supportive and willing to fill out supp. J form. My primary skill is java and now I am working in SalesForce where Java is also one of the requirements. I have made it a point to keep my job duties similar for all these years . The case is kind of straight forward, except for the fact I have too many employers due to the nature of consulting jobs (I had to go on preferred vendor's W-2), and I got G-325 in RFE which asks for last 5 years employment history. I have 4-6 weeks gap twice when I was looking for projects. I am kind of worried about that part. The officer who looks at G325 will not be accustomed to see all 5 lines filled with different employers is my worry I know technically we can work for any employer if job is same or similar but after waiting for 12+ years I am totally anxious to say the least. If at all officer raises concerns about this, I need a competent lawyer who can handle this.

Fortunately my company is supportive and willing to fill out supp. J form. My primary skill is java and now I am working in SalesForce where Java is also one of the requirements. I have made it a point to keep my job duties similar for all these years . The case is kind of straight forward, except for the fact I have too many employers due to the nature of consulting jobs (I had to go on preferred vendor's W-2), and I got G-325 in RFE which asks for last 5 years employment history. I have 4-6 weeks gap twice when I was looking for projects. I am kind of worried about that part. The officer who looks at G325 will not be accustomed to see all 5 lines filled with different employers is my worry I know technically we can work for any employer if job is same or similar but after waiting for 12+ years I am totally anxious to say the least. If at all officer raises concerns about this, I need a competent lawyer who can handle this.
    get any reputable attorney - murthy, shusterman, Pallavi Ahluwalia etc. or someone from your city if you want local.

Get any lawyer other then Rahul Reddy who is a scumbag who supported the lobby and killed EAD after I-140 approval. He's the reason people in EB2/3 don't have EAD even after I-140 approval.

On a sidenote, it's good to see people getting RFE in 2006 for EB3.

yep, that's pretty much what I did, thanks for confirming. I also followed up with a phone call to USCIS customer care (per instructions on their website) and went through address change on pending I485 application. just wanted to add the extra step for benefit to future readers. thanks again!

Sensei
    Thanks,
    If your case is "simple" and there are no issues that you are aware of and your job is very similar to the old one, just use any local lawyer. Always speak to the lawyer over the phone before you sign on. Tell him/her your situation and ask how many EB green cards he/she has handled during the last two years.

I am with Ron Gotcher in California, and I am very happy with him. I spoke with him many times and he is very patient and helpful. Good luck!

CO Predicted Movement For EB3-I For Rest Of FY2017

I just saw this on Murthy, so I thought I would share. https://www.murthy.com/2017/05/19/ju...ons-eb3-india/

June 2017 Visa Bulletin Check-in: Predictions for EB3 India

19 May 2017

Last night, Charles Oppenheim, Chief of the Visa Control and Reporting Division for the U.S. Department of State (DOS), was the featured speaker at the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA) D.C. Chapter meeting. During his talk, he provided some updated predictions regarding the employment-based, third preference (EB3) category for people born in India.

EB3 India: Some Advancement Expected in Near Future

Between October 2016, which was the first month of the current fiscal year, and May 2017, the cutoff date in the final action (FA) chart for EB3 India moved forward a total of a measly 24 days. So, the advancement in the June 2017 Visa Bulletin of about seven weeks, to a new cutoff date of May 15, 2005, was rapid movement, by comparison.

Mr. Oppenheim expects this movement to accelerate a bit in the near future. For the July 2017 Visa Bulletin, he hopes to advance EB3 India to a new cutoff date of October 15, 2005. Moreover, if all goes according to plan, he believes he will be able to advance the cutoff date to March 2006 by the end of the fiscal year.

These are Predictions – Not Guarantees

It is important to note that these are Mr. Oppenheim’s current predictions. Circumstances could change that would prevent even this relatively modest advancement from occurring. And, of course, even if this forward progress occurs, it still will leave the vast majority of beneficiaries under the EB3 India banner with a long, long wait ahead of them.

Copyright 2016, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved
    Some good news for EB3-I at last.
    Without an irritant, there can be no pearl.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectator View Post
    I just saw this on Murthy, so I thought I would share. https://www.murthy.com/2017/05/19/ju...ons-eb3-india/

Some good news for EB3-I at last.
    Great news indeed.

FY2018 should be even more exciting for EB3-I.

I am a little skeptical of EB3I optimism. As Spec's recent PERM data analysis showed, ROW demand proportion is moving dramatically towards EB3 from EB2 now that EB3ROW is effectively current. If the movement persists, then coupled with strong EB3P demand, there may not be much left for EB3I movement.

The next recession can't come soon enough. We need a repeat of 2008-09 when EB-ROW demand collapses and EB2I and EB3I get a chance to catch up.

Obviously nothing is going to happen legislatively. The future is indeed grim.

Quote Originally Posted by suninphx View Post
    Great news indeed.

FY2018 should be even more exciting for EB3-I.
    EB2I NSC | PD: 08/07/2009 | Forum Glossary

Quote Originally Posted by imdeng View Post
    I am a little skeptical of EB3I optimism. As Spec's recent PERM data analysis showed, ROW demand proportion is moving dramatically towards EB3 from EB2 now that EB3ROW is effectively current. If the movement persists, then coupled with strong EB3P demand, there may not be much left for EB3I movement.

The next recession can't come soon enough. We need a repeat of 2008-09 when EB-ROW demand collapses and EB2I and EB3I get a chance to catch up.

Obviously nothing is going to happen legislatively. The future is indeed grim.
    For FY2018 I am still optimistic. Beyond that let's see how it plays out.
    Last edited by suninphx; 05-20-2017 at 02:40 AM.

Based on this when do you guys think July 2006 might be current? Eagerly waiting.....

Quote Originally Posted by amulchandra View Post
    Based on this when do you guys think July 2006 might be current? Eagerly waiting.....
    Amul - for both our sake, i hope June-Jul 2006 clears by 2018..fingers crossed. If it indeed reaches early 2006 by this fiscal, 2018 may be our lucky year. Positive sign is CO has at least spoken about EB3I, the long forgotten category. Just hope he doesnt over allocate to his favored categories.

I wish the same. If what CO said happens , our PDs will become current in first or second quarter of 2018. Fingers crossed.

Thread Information