Page 103 of 103 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103
Results 2,551 to 2,561 of 2561

Thread: EB2-3 Predictions (Rather Calculations)

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by billikoot View Post
    I have worked exclusively in management consulting and currently on the chopping block. I have been “in the market” from September of last year. The response has been very limited to an H1 sponsorship. If there are 100 jobs only 1 may be willing to talk to you about sponsorship , but their internal process is verrry slow. I have turned to desi IT consultants and even there it’s on a vague response like can you work as an individual contributor or on contract based off my existing EAD.

Had a question for you all - if I have received 485 and 131 receipts (for kids who are on H4) can I assume they are now on AOS and I can safely move into EAD w/o the need for a continued H1 sponsorship? Will make things easier in the job search.
    Thank you!!!

Ps. Sorry I must mention i have received EAD in 2012 but have not used it so far.
    Yes, once I485 is applied for, they are on AOS. You can work on EAD reasonably safely. The only minor concern is the current 7-month timeline for EAD renewals and lack of premium processing or other options to expedite it. You have a 12-month window now for EAD extension to come through.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by gten20 View Post
    Does anyone have experience with Facebook not wanting to sponsor H1B? I was contacted by FB recruiter. When he found out that my current H1B expires end of this year, he said he will get back to me in a couple days as he has to make sure the window is big enough for the transfer to work. He contacted me couple days ago that the "window" (10 month) won't work and to contact him when my H1B gets renewed "OR" once I get Green Card. I wonder if it's the HR way of saying they are not doing H1B's??
    Haven't heard of this before. It may be a one-off case where the recruiter doesn't understand things well or is just lazy. It doesn't matter how much "window" is remaining in your current H1B because a change of job gives a max 8-month window to switch to H1B with your new employer.

Quote Originally Posted by tenyearsgone View Post
    Haven't heard of this before. It may be a one-off case where the recruiter doesn't understand things well or is just lazy. It doesn't matter how much "window" is remaining in your current H1B because a change of job gives a max 8-month window to switch to H1B with your new employer.
    I know, this doesn't sound right. AFAIK, a new employer can apply H1B for you as long as your current H1B has not yet expired on (or 60 days before, because of Obama rule) the day they file the application. But the recruiter verified this info with his HR/Legal team. Maybe he didn't ask the right question to HR or maybe Facebook is not doing H1B (very unlikely). But I don't want to be presumptuous, so I will contact him after my H1B is renewed.

I haven't heard of the 8 month max window before switching to new H1B?? Is that a window where you can start working for the new employer after the H1B has been filed till its approved?
    EB2I | PD: 08/23/2010 | Forum Glossary

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by gten20 View Post
    I haven't heard of the 8 month max window before switching to new H1B?? Is that a window where you can start working for the new employer after the H1B has been filed till its approved?
    Yes. AFAIK, once you change employers and the new employer applies for a cap-exempt H1B, you can work based on the receipt for up to 8 months (240 days) unless the petition is adjudicated earlier. This is the same for a H1B extension also.

Ofcourse, always consult an attorney for accurate and up-to-date information on these laws.

March Bulletin is out.

some good news. I think CO is holding and expecting sudden increase in demand. Movement was not moved aggressively as we thought.

China EB2 - 10 weeks
    China EB3 - 8 weeks
    China EB3 Other -4 weeks
    China EB5 -- No Movement

EL Salvador EB4 -- NO Movement

India EB2 -- 1 week
    India EB3 --- 1 Month

Mexico EB4 --- 1 week

Philippines EB3 -- 2 months

Don't see any good news - its business as usual I guess.
    EB2I NSC | PD: 08/07/2009 | Forum Glossary

Quote Originally Posted by redsox2009 View Post
    March Bulletin is out.

some good news. I think CO is holding and expecting sudden increase in demand. Movement was not moved aggressively as we thought.

China EB2 - 10 weeks
    China EB3 - 8 weeks
    China EB3 Other -4 weeks
    China EB5 -- No Movement

EL Salvador EB4 -- NO Movement

India EB2 -- 1 week
    India EB3 --- 1 Month

Mexico EB4 --- 1 week

Philippines EB3 -- 2 months

so frustrating to see the CO doesnt have the balls to move EB3 India dates more aggressively which can only mean EB3I again not getting its fair share of allocations at the end of the year!!!

Quote Originally Posted by anuprab View Post
    so frustrating to see the CO doesnt have the balls to move EB3 India dates more aggressively which can only mean EB3I again not getting its fair share of allocations at the end of the year!!!
    Anuprab, I think we are barking at the wrong tree. Let me ask you this, why is USCIS not accepting the filing dates. Even if CO were to move the dates, it is upto USCIS to accept it or not. The status quo is gonna continue until this summer until more visas are available.

Iatiam

Quote Originally Posted by anuprab View Post
    The credit goes to Obama Administration who screwed us up with the introduction of new Visa bulletin format of Final and Application. This is the real reason dates are stagnant for EB India. Look into the pre 2015 visa bulletins to get an idea.

Not sure, if anyone noticed........ EB China A and F dates moved by 2 months as compared to 1 week for EB-India. Does Charlie Opp have a beef with EB India or he is bent on screwing us for revenue generated by h1?

Oh Come On - dates are stagnant for EB-I because there are too many applicants in EB-I - and with enough EB-ROW applicants, there isn't as much (or any) spillover available as there used to be. EB-C is moving because there aren't as many applicants. If you see the PERM numbers compiled by Spec - or at permchecker.com, India applicants are more than half of all applicants. There are only two ways this will resolve - either there is a legislative fix (unlikely given the political climate) or we land into another recession that reduces the number of new filings significantly (like in 2008-2009).

One exception - EB3-I has been a victim of underallocation by several thousands in last two years.

Quote Originally Posted by altek001 View Post
    The credit goes to Obama Administration who screwed us up with the introduction of new Visa bulletin format of Final and Application. This is the real reason dates are stagnant for EB India. Look into the pre 2015 visa bulletins to get an idea.

Not sure, if anyone noticed........ EB China A and F dates moved by 2 months as compared to 1 week for EB-India. Does Charlie Opp have a beef with EB India or he is bent on screwing us for revenue generated by h1?
    EB2I NSC | PD: 08/07/2009 | Forum Glossary

Quote Originally Posted by iatiam View Post
    Anuprab, I think we are barking at the wrong tree. Let me ask you this, why is USCIS not accepting the filing dates. Even if CO were to move the dates, it is upto USCIS to accept it or not. The status quo is gonna continue until this summer until more visas are available.

Iatiam
    why bother with filing dates at all when CO knows fully well that USCIS' head is stuck in the sand! Move the final dates and go ahead..its not that complicated

Thread Information