Page 97 of 97 FirstFirst ... 4787959697
Results 2,401 to 2,425 of 2425

Thread: EB2-3 Predictions (Rather Calculations)

Guru's - Wastage of EB3 India visas is heart breaking. People like me (with a PD after July 2007) have now completed waiting 10 years after I-140 approval to file for AOS.

USCIS has also not accepted filing dates so far for FY'2018. Even if CO advances dates rapidly in Q3 / Q4 would it not be too late to process cases beyond July'2007 resulting in more wastage?

Would you think USCIS will accept filing dates in the coming months or if CO will advance the Final action dates for EB3I earlier this year?

Guru
    Unsure of whether this is a positive or a negative development in the longer term/larger picture context.
    The house judiciary has scheduled on Wednesday a full committee mark up of HR.170 which is a bill introduced by Rep. Darrell ISSA of California. The purpose of this Act is to close a loophole in the H–1B visa program by requiring H–1B-dependent employers once again to pay sufficiently high wages to ensure the protection of the workforce in the United States and to remove other impediments to proper H–1B visa enforcement. It stipulates that the H–1B nonimmigrant receive wages (including cash bonuses) at an annual rate equal to at least the greater of $100,000 or the applicable adjusted amount linked to consumer price indexing.
    The fate of this bill is not clear but the text may be an addendum to a much larger bill early next year.
    There are however two points to be noted
    1. This bill (like the HR 392) was referred to the subcommittee for immigration but was taken up directly by the full committee without subcommittee mark up
    2. HR 392 in spite of the large number of cosponsors lacks the co-sponsorship/support of key members of the HJC including Chairman Goodlatte/Lamar Smith/Darrell Issa amongst others. A smooth passage of this Bill at least through committee will hopefully increase the chances of HR 392 by enlisting Rep.Issa's support

We shall wait and see. Please move this post if it is not in the appropriate thread.

I don't have high hopes for HR 392.
    It will meet the same fate as the similar bill introduced in the past. That bill had very good support in the house but died in Senate because of the "hold" placed by Grassley. Now Grassley is senate judiciary committee chairman and another major opponent sessions is Attorney General. Not sure why ** is beating the drum again on this bill as if it is going to pass.

On H1B front, read somewhere that Grassley's people are ruling USCIS now !

Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by gcq View Post
    I don't have high hopes for HR 392.
    It will meet the same fate as the similar bill introduced in the past. That bill had very good support in the house but died in Senate because of the "hold" placed by Grassley. Now Grassley is senate judiciary committee chairman and another major opponent sessions is Attorney General. Not sure why ** is beating the drum again on this bill as if it is going to pass.

On H1B front, read somewhere that Grassley's people are ruling USCIS now !
    The markup of HR 170 was postponed to the next Markup at the request of Rep.Issa. He said that negotiations were ongoing to make the bipartisan bill even better. On a different note HJC Chairman Mr.Goodlatte who is term limited for his post will retire from Congress at the end of 2018.

Dec 2017 Visa Bulletin is Out

India

Eb2- 1 NOV08
    Eb3- 15 OCT06

Available via Phone.

Guru
    Markup of above Bill HR 170 from Rep.Issa is now scheduled for tomorrow November 15

December Visa bulletin

Quote Originally Posted by redsox2009 View Post
    Dec 2017 Visa Bulletin is Out

India

Eb2- 1 NOV08
    Eb3- 15 OCT06

Available via Phone.
    https://travel.state.gov/content/vis...mber-2017.html
    NSC:EB2 India, Priority Date:05/27/09, ND:03/08/12, NRD:03/14/12

Pandit
    Quote Originally Posted by SV2007 View Post
    Guru's - Wastage of EB3 India visas is heart breaking. People like me (with a PD after July 2007) have now completed waiting 10 years after I-140 approval to file for AOS.

USCIS has also not accepted filing dates so far for FY'2018. Even if CO advances dates rapidly in Q3 / Q4 would it not be too late to process cases beyond July'2007 resulting in more wastage?

Would you think USCIS will accept filing dates in the coming months or if CO will advance the Final action dates for EB3I earlier this year?
    Can't some one sue them (IM* or any org) considering that we have years of backlog and they are not even allocating the approved limit?

Hi folks,
    Is there any movement on the Kevin Yoder's bill to end country limit caps on immigrant visas?.

My understanding is the bill got attention uphill and in media, but it silenced after while.

Any thoughts on why AILA, Immigration Voice, Greg Siskind, Murthy and these big law firms who voice their compassion with H1b community, have NOT done anything by blaming congress to do their jobs and reduce backlogs. It makes me think they are the real culprits who are bent on screwing us over every year as they get to benefit from petitions as they get convoluted.

Quote Originally Posted by gs1968 View Post
    Unsure of whether this is a positive or a negative development in the longer term/larger picture context.
    The house judiciary has scheduled on Wednesday a full committee mark up of HR.170 which is a bill introduced by Rep. Darrell ISSA of California. The purpose of this Act is to close a loophole in the H–1B visa program by requiring H–1B-dependent employers once again to pay sufficiently high wages to ensure the protection of the workforce in the United States and to remove other impediments to proper H–1B visa enforcement. It stipulates that the H–1B nonimmigrant receive wages (including cash bonuses) at an annual rate equal to at least the greater of $100,000 or the applicable adjusted amount linked to consumer price indexing.
    The fate of this bill is not clear but the text may be an addendum to a much larger bill early next year.
    There are however two points to be noted
    1. This bill (like the HR 392) was referred to the subcommittee for immigration but was taken up directly by the full committee without subcommittee mark up
    2. HR 392 in spite of the large number of cosponsors lacks the co-sponsorship/support of key members of the HJC including Chairman Goodlatte/Lamar Smith/Darrell Issa amongst others. A smooth passage of this Bill at least through committee will hopefully increase the chances of HR 392 by enlisting Rep.Issa's support

We shall wait and see. Please move this post if it is not in the appropriate thread.
    Darrell Issa is pro-illegal immigrant supporter and not for legal immigrants. Back in 2008, he proposed quite a few bills to end country limit caps and it didn't even get to a hearing.

Rep. Issa is a true trumpeter without any success stories to back in his tenure at Congress.

Do anyone understand the latest inventory numbers?

Can anyone please explain how the pending inventory of 1998 for EB2 India in the year 2008 suddenly jumped to 8258 in October Inventory?

Quote Originally Posted by maverick23 View Post
    485 Inventory for October 2017 released...
    https://www.uscis.gov/greencard/pend...-485-inventory
    | EB2-I | PD: Nov 29, 2010 | Filed 485: ? (NSC) | Receipt Date: ? | Notice Date: ? | FP Date: ? | AP Approval: ? | EAD/AP CPO: ? | GC Approval: ?????? |

Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by altek001 View Post
    Hi folks,
    Is there any movement on the Kevin Yoder's bill to end country limit caps on immigrant visas?.

My understanding is the bill got attention uphill and in media, but it silenced after while.

Any thoughts on why AILA, Immigration Voice, Greg Siskind, Murthy and these big law firms who voice their compassion with H1b community, have NOT done anything by blaming congress to do their jobs and reduce backlogs. It makes me think they are the real culprits who are bent on screwing us over every year as they get to benefit from petitions as they get convoluted.
    Please read opening remarks by Chairman Goodlatte and Rep. Issa to get an idea of where the sentiments of the House Judiciary committee are at this time.

https://judiciary.house.gov/press-re...american-jobs/

Quote Originally Posted by feedmyback View Post
    Can anyone please explain how the pending inventory of 1998 for EB2 India in the year 2008 suddenly jumped to 8258 in October Inventory?
    This is a shocker.
    The report seems to be inaccurate. The count for 2008 has gone up by 6k, count for 2009 has gone down by 3k and count for 2010 has going down by 3k.

The pending inventory going up for 2008 is as insane as pending inventory going down for 2009 and 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by altek001 View Post
    Hi folks,

Kevin Yoder is up for reelection in 2018. He is trying to appease Indian community and don't know his sincerity.
    I doubt it because, with 300 co-sponsors this bill will pass easily in house but he is not making any attempt to bring it to house vote floor.
    getting many co-sponsors in just time consuming effort. Even if it passes in House in March/April 2018. There is no guarantee that this will become LAW.
    As there is absolutely no effort for this legislation in Senate. Please do not have any hopes on this.
    Similar Bill was passed in 2012 with 395 Votes but no action in Senate.

Guru
    Not good news at all. What are they trying to achieve?

http://www.sfchronicle.com/business/..._medium=social

Quote Originally Posted by gs1968 View Post
    Not good news at all. What are they trying to achieve?

http://www.sfchronicle.com/business/..._medium=social
    to be blunt... it's all about Making America White Again!
    EB2I | PD: 08/23/2010 | Forum Glossary

Quote Originally Posted by gten20 View Post
    to be blunt... it's all about Making America White Again!
    I beg to differ on what you just said.

Lets introspect before accusing someone of trying to "Make america white again".

1. H4 EAD was never a law.
    2. We all know that there is rampant abuse in all categories. Be it EB1C, H1, etc. We all know the kind of abuse done by Indian MNCs. If the US government wants to close the loopholes then what is wrong with that. Its very easy to acuse someone else of wrongdoing. Please gather the facts before commenting.
    3. I do agree that rules have been unfair to "Indians", especially the per country cap. I have waited years in the GC line because of that rule. Having said that, the rule was not introduced by this govt or by the prior two governments. It was introduced way before and the current administration is just following the same guidelines.
    4. Finally, it was difficult for Obama administration to discmiss the SaveJobsUSA lawsuit against H4 EAD. Its because the merits of the case clearly are in favor of SaveJobsUSA. We all know that Obama just wrote a memo and never made it a law. We all know that there is no protection for the american worker against the H4 EAD candidate (unlike the restrictions for H1).

check the link below that will show that even Obama admin lost the motion to dismiss SaveJobsUSA lawsuit against H4 EAD.

https://www.peerallylaw.com/dhs-lost...save-jobs-usa/

We can discuss the facts but the real fact is that H4 EAD was never a law and as such is difficult to defend for any administration (be it Obama admin or Trump admin).
    Last edited by Jagan01; 11-20-2017 at 04:36 PM. Reason: provided link to prove the facts

Agree that it was never a law. But H4EAD was allotted only for I-140 approved spouses who are waiting for GC probably for years. They are all future citizens(filed immigrant petitions) and would have been permanent residents many years ago, had not been for the unfair country cap thing. So what are they stealing from Americans ? These people wouldn't be called stealing American jobs if they were born in any other country than India and China.

It doesn't seem fair at all to revoke what was given to them as some kind of respite during the unfair waiting time. Legally it may be difficult to defend, but who ever understands the above fact clearly knows that revoking H4EAD is like stealing coins from a beggar's arms.

Pandit
    Referring to your statement
    "We all know that there is no protection for the American worker against the H4 EAD candidate ",

I guess this should also apply uniformly in that case to all scenarios like the L2 EAD, DACA EAD and any other EAD. Just a thought and right no such things are present there.

Quote Originally Posted by Jagan01 View Post

Lets introspect before accusing someone of trying to "Make america white again".

2. We all know that there is rampant abuse in all categories. Be it EB1C, H1, etc. We all know the kind of abuse done by Indian MNCs. If the US government wants to close the loopholes then what is wrong with that. Its very easy to acuse someone else of wrongdoing. Please gather the facts before commenting.
    3. I do agree that rules have been unfair to "Indians", especially the per country cap. I have waited years in the GC line because of that rule. Having said that, the rule was not introduced by this govt or by the prior two governments. It was introduced way before and the current administration is just following the same guidelines.
    4. Finally, it was difficult for Obama administration to discmiss the SaveJobsUSA lawsuit against H4 EAD. Its because the merits of the case clearly are in favor of SaveJobsUSA. We all know that Obama just wrote a memo and never made it a law. We all know that there is no protection for the american worker against the H4 EAD candidate (unlike the restrictions for H1).

check the link below that will show that even Obama admin lost the motion to dismiss SaveJobsUSA lawsuit against H4 EAD.

We can discuss the facts but the real fact is that H4 EAD was never a law and as such is difficult to defend for any administration (be it Obama admin or Trump admin).

We all know the kind of abuse done by Indian MNCs.
    Hi Jagan - I must say that by and large there is no abuse in obtaining work visas. The abuse is in payments and treatments of the labor by the indian employers as well as by the whole immigration system against backlogged candidates.
    We all know that there is no protection for the american worker against the H4 EAD candidate (unlike the restrictions for H1).
    I find the whole concept of free markets but protected labor markets amusing. The pain of American labor is real ... but the root cause is not lost jobs ... it's rather ... limited trickle down of the benefits of globalization.
    The purpose of this site is to improve clarity of GC process to help people plan their lives better. Use the info at your risk. None of this is legal advice.
    Please follow the Forum Rules and Guidelines as you participate or view the forum contents. | Forum Glossary

Quote Originally Posted by qesehmk View Post

I find the whole concept of free markets but protected labor markets amusing. The pain of American labor is real ... but the root cause is not lost jobs ... it's rather ... limited trickle down to the benefits of globalization.
    The loss or perceived loss is not entirely attributable to globalization. The major drivers are:

1. Technology.
    2. More women entering workforce since the 80's. Now more people looking for jobs and therefore this becomes a perceived loss.
    3. Globalization

Globalization is the easier one to politicize. It is funny that the free markets were championed by the Republicans, somehow the tables were cleverly turned and now they want to protect the American worker.

I think you need to do some research yourself.
    1) H4 EAD followed the rule making process. It was in works since 2012. Obama wanted to show he somewhat helped the legal immigrants too and that why it was added to Obama's Nov. 2014 Memo/EO. H4 EAD is only used by people affected by the crazy long backlogs.
    2) Rampant abuse is everywhere, but you don't punish the victims. DUH! That's a stupid argument to bring up H1B rampant abuse to get rid of H4 EAD. IT IS STUPID! PERIOD.
    3) Hence the need for H4 EAD.
    4) Yeah, because the judge wanted to hear arguments from both parties.

Stay Woke, my friends.

The current white house administration is all about "Making America White Again". Trump viciously attacks people of minority who criticize him or his policies. He has not said anything about Greg Popovich or Eminem. Guess why?

Have a nice Thanksgiving!
    EB2I | PD: 08/23/2010 | Forum Glossary

Quote Originally Posted by gten20 View Post
    I think you need to do some research yourself.
    1) H4 EAD followed the rule making process. It was in works since 2012. Obama wanted to show he somewhat helped the legal immigrants too and that why it was added to Obama's Nov. 2014 Memo/EO. H4 EAD is only used by people affected by the crazy long backlogs.
    2) Rampant abuse is everywhere, but you don't punish the victims. DUH! That's a stupid argument to bring up H1B rampant abuse to get rid of H4 EAD. IT IS STUPID! PERIOD.
    3) Hence the need for H4 EAD.
    4) Yeah, because the judge wanted to hear arguments from both parties.

Stay Woke, my friends.

The current white house administration is all about "Making America White Again". Trump viciously attacks people of minority who criticize him or his policies. He has not said anything about Greg Popovich or Eminem. Guess why?

Have a nice Thanksgiving!
    Please provide me with source of information and I would be willing to do the research you suggest I should do.

(1) Most of us know that H4 EAD was a memo passed by Obama. That does not make it a law. For a law to be passed it has to pass the congress and then signed by the president. Any EO/memo signed by one president can be repealed at any time by another president. I have myself been a strong advocate for H4EAD since the begining. I would have preferred that it be signed into a law and the closest chance was in the 2013 immigration bill. Sorry to say, but the fact is that it was never a law.

(2) The point of pointing out the abuse is to see the discussion from the other sides perspective. If you analyse issues by only looking at it from one side, then you are not trying to find a better solution. You need to look at the problem from everyone's perspective. There is abuse in the current immigration system, F1s abused by tr****alley students (mostly from our country), H1s abused (looks at the CBS episode). When you have visas that have strict criteria being abused, it is natural for US citizens to think that H4 EAD is taking away jobs from them, especially because there is no check to protect the job for the US citizen first. I know we all dont like that Trump is the president, but he saw the arguments from the other side of the aisle and tapped on that anger.

(3) There is no logic in your statement and hence I cannot give a logical response.

(4) So when Obama admin failed to dismiss the lawsuit brought against the H4EAD rule, why did you not should out "Make America Black and White Again" ? Obama admin knew that it wont be possible to defend the case eventually. The Trump admin is also trying to push out the ruling as much as it can by trying to defer the case. They have deferred it by almost a year now (Jan 2017 to Jan 2018). Even on Nov 17, 2017, they tried deferring it again but this time it was not allowed to defer any further.

Have a nice ThanksGiving !!

This is not a memo but an USCIS "Rule" which went through complete comment period and due process. It cannot be withdrawn by publishing a memo. It has to go through same rule making process to withdraw it.

Thanks

Please provide me with source of information and I would be willing to do the research you suggest I should do.

(1) Most of us know that H4 EAD was a memo passed by Obama. That does not make it a law. For a law to be passed it has to pass the congress and then signed by the president. Any EO/memo signed by one president can be repealed at any time by another president. I have myself been a strong advocate for H4EAD since the begining. I would have preferred that it be signed into a law and the closest chance was in the 2013 immigration bill. Sorry to say, but the fact is that it was never a law.

(2) The point of pointing out the abuse is to see the discussion from the other sides perspective. If you analyse issues by only looking at it from one side, then you are not trying to find a better solution. You need to look at the problem from everyone's perspective. There is abuse in the current immigration system, F1s abused by tr****alley students (mostly from our country), H1s abused (looks at the CBS episode). When you have visas that have strict criteria being abused, it is natural for US citizens to think that H4 EAD is taking away jobs from them, especially because there is no check to protect the job for the US citizen first. I know we all dont like that Trump is the president, but he saw the arguments from the other side of the aisle and tapped on that anger.

(3) There is no logic in your statement and hence I cannot give a logical response.

(4) So when Obama admin failed to dismiss the lawsuit brought against the H4EAD rule, why did you not should out "Make America Black and White Again" ? Obama admin knew that it wont be possible to defend the case eventually. The Trump admin is also trying to push out the ruling as much as it can by trying to defer the case. They have deferred it by almost a year now (Jan 2017 to Jan 2018). Even on Nov 17, 2017, they tried deferring it again but this time it was not allowed to defer any further.

Have a nice ThanksGiving !!

Thread Information