Page 45 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,125 of 2494

Thread: EB2-3 Predictions (Rather Calculations)

Yoda
    Has anybody noticed the below statement in VB? You can easily guess whats going on b/w DOS and USCIS. In India, children do that... its called 'katti'.

"Visit www.uscis.gov/visabulletininfo for information on whether USCIS has determined that this chart can be used (in lieu of the chart in paragraph 5.A.) this month for filing applications for adjustment of status with USCIS".

I am eagerly waiting for DOS/USCIS to release the numbers they use to determine cut off dates. I hope its not a dice that they throw for each category.

Edit: Never mind.. spec had already pointed this.
    Last edited by skpanda; 10-09-2015 at 09:02 PM. Reason: already covered

Quote Originally Posted by YTeleven View Post
    See the VB section A. It clearly shows that the broken ties between USCIS & DOS after the Oct15 fiasco.
    DOS has published the acceptance dates but they are asking to go to USCIS website to actually use those dates and file the 485.
    The language looks like unless USCIS authorizes those dates in their website then only one should use the acceptance dates:
    --------------
    Unless otherwise indicated on the USCIS website at www.uscis.gov/visabulletininfo, individuals seeking to file applications for adjustment of status with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) in the Department of Homeland Security must use the “Application Final Action Dates” charts below for determining when they can file such applications. When USCIS determines that there are more immigrant visas available for the fiscal year than there are known applicants for such visas, USCIS will state on its website that applicants may instead use the "Dates for Filing Visa Applications" charts in this Bulletin.
    --------------
    Are you still sure about your eb2 and eb 3 predictions for 2016 ?

Quote Originally Posted by qesehmk View Post
    Spec - I always thought DoS is much more in tune with EB immigration while USCIS is almost anti-immigrant.

The whole idea of accepting 485 or not based on Visa Bulletin dates is purely a discretionary policy by USCIS that can be done away with in a heartbeat. It has no basis in any law as far as I know. Correct me if I am wrong.

So USCIS is a significant reason why all the backlogged candidates are in pain.
    When there is not enough demand to process the GC then DOS/USCIS can make all the categories current theoretically. But in practical that is not feasible. I would tell one example.For Eb2-I I think they moved up to 2010 April. That means persons with EB2 are processed with finger print and other process and waiting just for visa numbers. So when visa number is availablethey are going to get GC within a few months and some times as early as a few weeks as all of the other processing was completed including FP and medicals. So till PD of April 2010 it willmove slowly. For example when PD April 2010 hits then at that time no one will be available to process. So DOS/USCIS do not have a demand and they can move the date very fast similar to 2012 or 2007The movement will happen until enough persons are done with FP and medicals. So PD could move fast for 3 to 6 months. In that case there might be 300k persons could file I485. But that is a scenariowill play out once in 5 years. That does not mean that they have to move PD arbitarily to give EAD to many thousands. Regarding the October VB they could have moved AD for 2009 on Sept 9th itself.But they might have made a mistake (I am sure many were upset because just they showed the cake and then got back. Instead they would not have give the cake) by time pressure and later they might have realized. We cannot say whether they are correct by legally( That will be decided by court in a few months). But it was very big mistake and thousands were impacted emotionally

USCIS are still at it!

I just noticed a small change to the USCIS Filing dates page http://www.uscis.gov/visabulletininfo

Earlier today, it said:

Note: The Department of State (DOS) normally posts the new Visa Bulletin the second week of the month before it will take effect. The DOS Visa Bulletin is the official source of these charts. For ease of reference, below is the current chart (posted within two days of DOS’ new Visa Bulletin).
    Currently you can check that for yourself by looking at the cached page http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...&ct=clnk&gl=us (that will change over time)

Even though USCIS have not yet updated the figures to the November ones, sometime today, that section was changed to:

Note: The Department of State (DOS) normally posts the new Visa Bulletin the second week of the month before it will take effect. The DOS Visa Bulletin is the official source of these charts. For ease of reference, below is the current chart (posted within two days of DOS’ new Visa Bulletin).

USCIS will determine which chart is effective for the following month approximately one week after DOS publishes the Visa Bulletin and we will post that chart on this page.
    It appears they forgot to take out the previous reference to two days.

Sneaky [redacted comment]!!!
    Without an irritant, there can be no pearl.

EB 3 AN EB 2 PREDICTIONS for 2016 .How good they are after this visa bulletin?

Quote Originally Posted by Spectator View Post
    I just noticed a small change to the USCIS Filing dates page http://www.uscis.gov/visabulletininfo

Earlier today, it said:

Currently you can check that for yourself by looking at the cached page http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...&ct=clnk&gl=us (that will change over time)

Even though USCIS have not yet updated the figures to the November ones, sometime today, that section was changed to:

It appears they forgot to take out the previous reference to two days.

Sneaky [redacted comment]!!!

Does this mean CO will move the Filing Dates for EB2 China and INDIA and republish the VISA bulletin? This shows a clear politics of fight b\w Govt Agencies.

Has Anyone Read Greg Siskind's Theory?

http://blog.ilw.com/gregsiskind/2015...ning-visagate/

I'm not going to comment because I think I'll get into a lot of trouble if I do so.

Quote Originally Posted by gcvijay View Post
    Does this mean CO will move the Filing Dates for EB2 China and INDIA and republish the VISA bulletin? This shows a clear politics of fight b\w Govt Agencies.
    gcvijay,

No, it means AOS applicants won't know whether they can use the Filing Date for up to a week after the VB is published because only USCIS can provide that information.

I'm not going to comment because I think I'll get into a lot of trouble if I do so.
    Spec, no one would get it wrong, people like you should enlighten us if you understand what that means... Well damage already done to us by USCIS ... So please go ahead nd explain us... Even if it is harsh truth..

Why would you get into trouble Spec. Greg is calculating demand upto Jun 2011 correctly. But I have no idea where he is getting the idea that in 2016 almost 30K visas are going to be available for EB2IC !!

Either he is confusing something or we are missing something huge. Did family under utilize by 30-50K this year?

Our own number crunching Visa Bulletin wonk has come up with a number just over 29,000 as the number of EB-2 India and EB-2 China numbers that will be available in Fiscal Year 2016
    Last edited by qesehmk; 10-10-2015 at 07:56 AM.
    The purpose of this site is to improve clarity of GC process to help people plan their lives better. Use the info at your risk. None of this is legal advice.
    Please follow the Forum Rules and Guidelines as you participate or view the forum contents. | Forum Glossary

Why would you get into trouble Spec. Greg is calculating demand upto Jun 2011 correctly. But I have no idea where he is getting the idea that in 2016 almost 30K visas are going to be available for EB2IC !!

Either he doesn't know what he is talking about. Or we are missing something huge. Did family under utilize by 30-50K this year?

Our own number crunching Visa Bulletin wonk has come up with a number just over 29,000 as the number of EB-2 India and EB-2 China numbers that will be available in Fiscal Year 2016
    Q,

I'll sleep on it. I wrote a post, but I don't hold back. I don't really like to completely trash an opinion in that way. I quite like Greg and appreciate what he has done. Win or lose, it had to be done and even a loss accomplishes something significant.

You have mentioned most of the important points. Clearly you don't believe 29k for EB2-IC is remotely possible either.

29k for EB2-IC in FY2016 implies around 26k SOFAD for EB2-I, which implies 23k SO.

To reach that level, I think it would require in excess of 25k extra visas from FB assuming EB2-I have access to all the FB visas allotted to EB1, EB2, EB4 and EB5 (28.6% are allotted to EB3 and unavailable to EB2).

That would be a complete failure on CO's part in FY2015 - especially since the majority of FB use Consular Processing which is completely controlled by DOS.

When asked by USCIS to calculate the COD that EB2-I might reach in FY2016 (12 months), he stated 01JUL09. That must include his best estimate for SO, since 2.8k approvals could not possibly reach that date.

By this time, CO should have a pretty good idea of the FB use in FY2015 and therefore how many extra visas might be available to EB in FY2016. At the very least, he would know the usage up to August 11, 2015. That's stated in the September 2015 VB and he would need that information to set the September 2015 VB COD for FB. The FB COD were advanced slightly more for FB1 and FB2A than normal in the September 2015 VB, but not enough to suggest that approvals were so significantly short of the preference limit for FB.

That strongly hints that the number of FB visas available to EB in FY2016 are quite low, or I am mistaken in thinking he has any idea of the number yet. If he doesn't have any idea yet, which I think is unlikely, he can't assume any number from FB when calculating the likely date. Nor should Greg's "numbers man" without explicitly stating it.

PS:- I think his estimate of demand up to 01JUL11 for EB2-I is quite low.
    Last edited by Spectator; 10-10-2015 at 12:00 AM.

I don't really like to completely trash an opinion in that way. I quite like Greg and appreciate what he has done. Win or lose, it had to be done and even a loss accomplishes something significant.
    I really didn't mean to trash his opinion but my words indeed came across that way. I do appreciate what he has done. We are on the same page that win-or-lose he and his plaintiffs did something immensely meaningful. I also think CO is trying to do his part.

Anyway ... so as per the numbers yes - I don't see a path to Jun 2011 for EB2I. There is one more probability - I wonder if CO is going to implement the suggestion to NOT count dependents. If implemented that has the potential to simply clear most if not all backlog in EB.
    The purpose of this site is to improve clarity of GC process to help people plan their lives better. Use the info at your risk. None of this is legal advice.
    Please follow the Forum Rules and Guidelines as you participate or view the forum contents. | Forum Glossary

I really didn't mean to trash his opinion but my words indeed came across that way. I do appreciate what he has done. We are on the same page that win-or-lose he and his plaintiffs did something immensely meaningful. I also think CO is trying to do his part.

Anyway ... so as per the numbers yes - I don't see a path to Jun 2011 for EB2I. There is one more probability - I wonder if CO is going to implement the suggestion to NOT count dependents. If implemented that has the potential to simply clear most if not all backlog in EB.
    Q,

I was referring to my (unpublished) analysis.

I don't think you were trashing him at all. It was quite considered.

Quote Originally Posted by asaxena2 View Post
    Are you still sure about your eb2 and eb 3 predictions for 2016 ?
    From my side no changes to my earlier predictions both for EB2-I & EB3-I.
    Here I said what we can expect in next 18 months: http://www.qesehmk.org/forums/showth...6028#post56028

Here I said what we can expect in next 18 months: http://www.qesehmk.org/forums/showth...6028#post56028
    Thanks YTEleven

Hi YT, When do you think June 2010 could be current? I am so frustrated by missing it twice so close

Quote Originally Posted by delguy View Post
    Hi YT, When do you think June 2010 could be current? I am so frustrated by missing it twice so close
    The answer is already in there in my previous posts, its FY17.
    Here is more explanation to it:
    Policies have changed post 25-Sep-2015. Now CO can't move dates to build inventory as he did in 2012 that's when you missed your first opportunity for filing EAD.
    This is evident from how he corrected the VB on 25-Sep-2015 that is when you missed your second opportunity.
    It seems CO is allowed to move the dates only for those applicants who can get their GC in next 8 to 12 months time frame.
    This is the new initiative from DHS under the VISA modernization of VB, the benefit of filing the EAD earlier(8 to 12 months earlier than expected GC timeframe)
    So, I believe if CO/USCIS correctly estimates then you should be able to file your EAD in Jul'16 and can safely expect your GC in 8-12 months from that filing date i.e. in FY17 quota.
    Now, question is can EB2-I get that much spillover. Yes. I believe it so. We will get more clarity on this as more data pointers gets released in future.

that post talks about inventory build up etc. Not sure how true that is anymore? My PD is 30Oct2009 EB2-I. In light of new 2-date process, not sure when I should expect to get current to file AoS and eventually get GC. What is your estimate for this date?

Tired of being on stangnant immi life now.
    Last edited by 4WatItsWorth; 10-11-2015 at 09:50 PM. Reason: Additional information for clarification

Thanks YT, I will be happy with just getting EAD than the actual GC. Waiting with EAD in hand is less of pain than doing that on H1.

Policies have changed post 25-Sep-2015. Now CO can't move dates to build inventory as he did in 2012 that's when you missed your first opportunity for filing EAD.
    This is evident from how he corrected the VB on 25-Sep-2015 that is when you missed your second opportunity.
    It seems CO is allowed to move the dates only for those applicants who can get their GC in next 8 to 12 months time frame.
    This is the new initiative from DHS under the VISA modernization of VB, the benefit of filing the EAD earlier(8 to 12 months earlier than expected GC timeframe)
    So, I believe if CO/USCIS correctly estimates then you should be able to file your EAD in Jul'16 and can safely expect your GC in 8-12 months from that filing date i.e. in FY17 quota.
    Now, question is can EB2-I get that much spillover. Yes. I believe it so. We will get more clarity on this as more data pointers gets released in future.

Thanks YT. I am EB3I Jul 09. Hopefully, I can file for AOS during CY 16 based on your forecast. Glad to know that you are still sticking to your forecast, even after the recent fiasco..

Thanks a lot YT.

I am new to this forum. Your explanation and analysis of EB3 I was really good.
    My date is 23 Mar 2005 (EB3 I).
    Do you still think I should be current in May 2016 ?

Pandit
    From OH Law Firm.... Looks like we are going to get USCIS to post dates from Nov. What Spec highlighted earlier...

10/14/2015: Effective November 2015, USCIS Will Post Separate I-485 Filing Availability Date, Separate from State Department Visa Bulletin
    •USCIS announces that beginning with the November 2015 Department of State (DOS) Visa Bulletin, if USCIS determines that there are more immigrant visas available for a fiscal year than there are known applicants for such visas, USCIS will state on www.uscis.gov/visabulletininfo that applicants may use the Dates for Filing Visa Applications chart. Unless otherwise stated on our website, the Application Final Action Date chart will be used to determine when individuals may file their adjustment of status applications. USCIS anticipates making this determination each month and posting the relevant chart on our website within one week of DOS' publication of the Visa Bulletin. USCIS November 2015 Chart has yet to be released.
    •What does it mean? When it comes to filing of I-485 applications based on the "Filing Available" track cut-off date in each Visa Bulletin, I-485 should not rely on the monthly Visa Bulletin. They should rely on the USCIS separate posting of the USCIS chart for availability of filing track acceptance cut-off dates for the purpose of the USCIS each month. The dates can be either same or different from the Visa Bulletin Filing Acceptance chart.

Quote Originally Posted by GCwaiting View Post
    Thanks a lot YT.

I am new to this forum. Your explanation and analysis of EB3 I was really good.
    My date is 23 Mar 2005 (EB3 I).
    Do you still think I should be current in May 2016 ?

USCIS have now published a further statement under NEWS on their website http://www.uscis.gov/news/updated-in...-visa-bulletin

Updated Instruction for Using the DOS Visa Bulletin

Beginning with the November 2015 Department of State (DOS) Visa Bulletin, if USCIS determines that there are more immigrant visas available for a fiscal year than there are known applicants for such visas, we will state on www.uscis.gov/visabulletininfo that applicants may use the Dates for Filing Visa Applications chart. Unless otherwise stated on our website, the Application Final Action Date chart will be used to determine when individuals may file their adjustment of status applications.

We anticipate making this determination each month and posting the relevant chart on our website within one week of DOS’ publication of the Visa Bulletin.

About the Visa Bulletin

DOS publishes current immigrant visa availability information in a monthly Visa Bulletin. The Visa Bulletin indicates when statutorily limited visas are available to prospective immigrants based on their individual priority date.

• The priority date is generally the date when the applicant’s relative or employer properly filed the immigrant visa petition on the applicant’s behalf with USCIS. If a labor certification is required to be filed with the applicant’s immigrant visa petition, then the priority date is when the labor certification application was accepted for processing by Department of Labor.
    • Availability of an immigrant visa means eligible applicants are able to take one of the final steps in the process of becoming U.S. permanent residents.

Learn more about adjustment of status and the Visa Bulletin on our website.

Last Reviewed/Updated: 10/14/2015
    USCIS have still not updated their page to reflect the November VB.

Pandit
    Unless otherwise stated on our website, the Application Final Action Date chart will be used to determine when individuals may file their adjustment of status applications..
    Does the above statement mean incase they don't publish that they will consider the "Action Date Chart" for filing which can mean rollback or unavailable for India and China in EB2 / EB3? Is it introducing more complexity than making it simpler to ensure they can mess up anyway they want?

Quote Originally Posted by srimurthy View Post
    Does the above statement mean in case they don't publish that they will consider the "Action Date Chart" for filing which can mean rollback or unavailable for India and China in EB2 / EB3? Is it introducing more complexity than making it simpler to ensure they can mess up anyway they want?
    It means that USCIS have two choices (and only two choices).

a) The Filing Dates published in the VB are for CP cases and relate to sending documentation to NVC.

USCIS can choose to also use the Filing Dates Chart in the VB to accept the AOS cases i.e allow an I-485 to be filed. They will do so IF:

USCIS determines that there are more immigrant visas available for a fiscal year than there are known applicants for such visas
    If that is the case, they will show the same Filing Chart as the VB on their website at http://www.uscis.gov/visabulletininfo

Otherwise,

b) USCIS can determine the Final Action Chart in the VB will also apply for the ability to file an I-485.

These are the only two choices available to USCIS. USCIS cannot independently publish a different Filing Date Chart on their website from that published in the VB.

This is no different to the situation when the original October VB was published. The only subtle difference, which may be noteworthy, is that USCIS have used the phrase

more immigrant visas available for a fiscal year than there are known applicants for such visas
    rather than within the next 8-12 months.
    Last edited by Spectator; 10-14-2015 at 01:00 PM.

Thread Information