Page 40 of 95 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast
Results 976 to 1,000 of 2356

Thread: EB2-3 Predictions (Rather Calculations)

Quote Originally Posted by Jonty Rhodes View Post
    2007 fiasco was different. That time USCIS had made everyone current and were inundated with at least 80,000 applications on 1st day itself. This time, even in the best case scenario, it would not be more than 20,000 applications. See when they moved the dates in 2012, majority of EB2I filers till April 30, 2010 got their EAD/AP. With these dates, EB2I filers with PD from May 1, 2010 to June 30, 2011 would have benefited along with EB3-EB2 porters. I don't think that number would be higher than 20,000. Even if you consider 25,000, it still not as high as 20007. With the dates moving back, now only porters who are upgrading from EB3-EB2 and a small number of people in EB2I who missed the boat in 2012 would benefit which is not a big load for USCIS to handle.

I think there is something going on at USCIS. After they announced dates in early September, they had scheduled a teleconference on the same topic. But after few days, mysteriously ended up canceling it without giving a good reason. Now, we see the dates moving back again. So something must have transpired in those few days when they cancelled the teleconference. I think it is either due to political pressure or due to pressure from DHS for some reason. But what do I know?

BTW, I am hearing that medicals now will be valid for 3 years. Awaiting confirmation on this.
    The only reason USCIS can complain about new acceptance date is they will have to process numerous EADs and APs without getting any fees. In that case they could just extend the validity of EAD and AP to 3-4 years.

On positive side, they have not removed filing date altogether. The table is still there and other categories are being benefitted. Also I think this may be due to upcoming govt shutdown, even though DHS is self funded they might have just pulled in the plug at last minute looking at dates.. there is no evidence to think Jeh Johnson or John Kerry is against Obama..Just wishful thinking..

I signed and sent the consent form to Greg. I had asked my lawyer yesterday what his opinion was and this was his reply. Hopefully, after reading this, more people will sign up for the lawsuit.

Dear XYZ,

Thank you for your email. I am happy to hear about the action that Greg is taking. Please feel free to join that class action. There will be no negative impact on you at all. Hopefully, hundreds (or thousands) of people will join the lawsuit. This should make an impression on the US Department of State and USCIS. Please continue to keep me posted. My brother and I have spoken to Greg over the years, and he has always been honorable and good to deal with. Like Greg, I am hopeful that there will be so much pressure (via lawsuits, complaints, bad newspaper publicity) that they will back off and allow the filings. This is what happened last time. Rather than fight the lawsuits, the government surrendered and allowed the filing of the applications.

Have a good day, and I hope that we will hear good news in the coming days…..

With Best regards,

ABC

Greg tweeted that he has enough plaintiffs for the first step top file the suit. I am keeping an eye in case he need more and will send him my consent paper.

I signed and sent the consent form to Greg. I had asked my lawyer yesterday what his opinion was and this was his reply. Hopefully, after reading this, more people will sign up for the lawsuit.

Dear XYZ,

Thank you for your email. I am happy to hear about the action that Greg is taking. Please feel free to join that class action. There will be no negative impact on you at all. Hopefully, hundreds (or thousands) of people will join the lawsuit. This should make an impression on the US Department of State and USCIS. Please continue to keep me posted. My brother and I have spoken to Greg over the years, and he has always been honorable and good to deal with. Like Greg, I am hopeful that there will be so much pressure (via lawsuits, complaints, bad newspaper publicity) that they will back off and allow the filings. This is what happened last time. Rather than fight the lawsuits, the government surrendered and allowed the filing of the applications.

With Best regards,

ABC

Thumbs up

Good Jhonty .... I also filled his forms.....

Dear XYZ,

With Best regards,

ABC

Honestly, I was little hesitant to fill the form . I am afraid that all my personal information is in the litigation against USCIS/DOS. they may work against my application.

Some folks at USCIS are working against even President Obama and his legacy immigration efforts. However after reading so many forums (Oh Law, Ron Gotcher, Rahul Reddy's immigration girl, Murthy), I believe plaintiff will not have any problem. I am filling Greg form now. I already sent several emails to immigration laywers including AILA contacts. gtzamaras@aila.org and gtzamaras@aila.org

Please send emails and fill Greg's form.

Guys ... one unsolicited advice ...

Be leaders. Don't be followers.

Everybody out there has some motive that is not quite aligned with YOUR interest - including this writer. I got my GC 4-5 years back so even I am out of question - other than running this blog and running whereismygc.com as some of you may know.

If you want this situation to change. Do something yourself. Organize. Use this platform or create a new one. And most importantly - SEEK JUSTICE in courts. Seek justice not just about these stupid 485 filing dates. They do not matter much. SEEK JUSTICE FOR FREEDOM FROM DISCRIMINATION BASED ON COUNTRY OF BIRTH.

p.s. - Meanwhile Satveer Chaudhary's advice is to go ahead and file 485s with the old VB in mind. If the lawsuits succeed then you have a claim. If not - your fees are returned. Please see his LinkedIn Article HERE
    Last edited by qesehmk; 09-28-2015 at 11:27 AM.
    The purpose of this site is to improve clarity of GC process to help people plan their lives better. Use the info at your risk. None of this is legal advice.
    Please follow the Forum Rules and Guidelines as you participate or view the forum contents. | Forum Glossary

There is no government Shut down this time... Speaker already resigned, It is clear indication that we is not afraid on leftist anyone.
    I am sure, he won't make the mistake he made on 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by idiotic View Post
    On positive side, they have not removed filing date altogether. The table is still there and other categories are being benefitted. Also I think this may be due to upcoming govt shutdown, even though DHS is self funded they might have just pulled in the plug at last minute looking at dates.. there is no evidence to think Jeh Johnson or John Kerry is against Obama..Just wishful thinking..

From Ron Gotcher's immigration Forum...

http://www.immigration-information.c...s.19441/page-2

" if you become a plaintiff, you will act as a class representative. That is, you will be suing on your own behalf as well as all others who are in the same situation. Because there are so many different situations, we want as many plaintiffs as we can get. If you become a plaintiff, that status will have no adverse effect on your immigration rights or status. If anything, it might result in your case getting approved faster (if you have a current PD). In the EAD case, the USCIS tried to get out of the litigation by approving all of the EAD applications quickly. Let me add that other than providing us with your story, you won't be required to spend any time on this. You definitely won't need to spend any money."

Ron

James Ronald Gotcher
    Global Immigration Partners
    22775 Malibu Hills Road, Suite 150
    Calabasas Hills, CA 91301
    Tel: 818-914-6482
    Fax: 818-475-3450

Do you think class action to recover wasted visas has any meat to it? I know few months back there was some talk about doing something against discrimination based on country of birth. Can we do something about it? I know few folks had showed some interest at that time.

Quote Originally Posted by qesehmk View Post

Everybody out there has some motive that is not quite aligned with YOUR interest - including this writer. I got my GC 4-5 years back so even I am out of question - other than running this blog and running whereismygc.com as some of you may know.

If you want this situation to change. Do something yourself. Organize. Use this platform or create a new one. And most importantly - SEEK JUSTICE in courts. Seek justice not just about these stupid 485 filing dates. They do not matter much. SEEK JUSTICE FOR FREEDOM FROM DISCRIMINATION BASED ON COUNTRY OF BIRTH.

p.s. - Meanwhile Satveer Chaudhary's advice is to go ahead and file 485s with the old VB in mind. If the lawsuits succeed then you have a claim. If not - your fees are returned. Please see his LinkedIn Article HERE

I wouldn't advise a lawsuit that is everybody's concern.

EB2I and EB3I is problem of people whose changeability is India. Apparently in EB category only India has a problem. Everybody is doing just fine except Philippines EB3 CP. So YOU should think about saying it loud and clear that this is discrimination.

Yes there were some efforts. But people lose heart and say I will suck it up. Besides even the intelligent people get into "Paralysis through analysis". Sometimes "Just do it" is a better strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by geterdone View Post
    Do you think class action to recover wasted visas has any meat to it? I know few months back there was some talk about doing something against discrimination based on country of birth. Can we do something about it? I know few folks had showed some interest at that time.
    The purpose of this site is to improve clarity of GC process to help people plan their lives better. Use the info at your risk. None of this is legal advice.
    Please follow the Forum Rules and Guidelines as you participate or view the forum contents. | Forum Glossary

I agree. Too much analysis and microdissecting the matter won't take us anywhere. I decided to stand up for myself and filled the consent form from Greg Siskind yesterday night already and I am encouraging everyone impacted by this to do so. Time is the essence in this case. So there is no point in waiting. Strong words Q. Appreciate your insight.

Pandit
    What a mess!
    Sorry to deviate from the main topic, can we raise a SR or something if the H4EAD is not issues in 90 days. The RD was Jun/24 from Vermont and no change in status.

I agree. Too much analysis and microdissecting the matter won't take us anywhere. I decided to stand up for myself and filled the consent form from Greg Siskind yesterday night already and I am encouraging everyone impacted by this to do so. Time is the essence in this case. So there is no point in waiting. Strong words Q. Appreciate your insight.
    Exactly, Jhonty....thatz what i feel...and encouraging all my friends to do the same at earliest.

Totally Agree Q and Jonty,
    I had to come out of the shell and be responsible for my own future and acted. I filled Greg's form and few others too. Sent an email to local senators.

Quote Originally Posted by mesan123 View Post
    copy of the law suit for Oct VB reversal

http://static1.squarespace.com/stati...ta+lawsuit.pdf
    Great to see such swift action. Lets see what happens!

Quote Originally Posted by mesan123 View Post
    copy of the law suit for Oct VB reversal

http://static1.squarespace.com/stati...ta+lawsuit.pdf
    Cool! Pretty good I must say. I see a satya panda -- wonder if that is skpanda from this site? Kudos to these people's courage.

Yoda
    Cool! Pretty good I must say. I see a satya panda -- wonder if that is skpanda from this site? Kudos to these people's courage.
    Good Morning Q and others. Yes, thats me. I have been in touch with Greg since Friday and he is awesome. Replies to emails in minutes. We went back and forth so many times.

One interesting thing:

I requested him to set up a donation page as I was sure many of us would love to contribute financially. He replied that it was an interesting idea but he did not wish to pursue it.

Also, they have been working all weekend. I was talking to them beyond midnight of sunday night (early hours of Monday morning).

Kudos to Greg and his team!

I hope things go thru in our favor.

Regards,
    Satya
    Last edited by skpanda; 09-29-2015 at 08:08 AM. Reason: added info

Looked through the class action pdf. Amazing fast action by a few motivated people and the law firm in question. Hoping for a positive result for all those affected.

Quote Originally Posted by skpanda View Post
    Good Morning Q and others. Yes, thats me. I have been in touch with Greg since Friday and he is awesome. Replies to emails in minutes. We went back and forth so many times.

One interesting thing:

I requested him to set up a donation page as I was sure many of us would love to contribute financially. He replied that it was an interesting idea but he did not wish to pursue it.

Also, they have been working all weekend. I was talking to them beyond midnight of sunday night (early hours of Monday morning).

Regards,
    Satya

I was wondering if we can pull in some money into some account and use towards these legal proceedings and I'm willing to contribute 500$. I really wish Greg says yes let's get some money so we can use it towards this CAL suit.

Satya I admire your courage to fight for yourself!

Greg doesn't need money because he is doing a business (and nothing wrong with that). He will make his money when he wins the lawsuit.

We have received numerous donation requests in the past (to accept donation!) but I haven't been able to do so. Generally speaking people are generous if they see a good cause and transparency.

One interesting thing:

Regards,
    Satya

Kudo's to Satya and Other plaintiffs.
    Any Idea on the timeline on the case like this will take ?

One interesting thing:

Regards,
    Satya

Yoda
    Quote Originally Posted by KingofJoy View Post
    I was wondering if we can pull in some money into some account and use towards these legal proceedings and I'm willing to contribute 500$. I really wish Greg says yes let's get some money so we can use it towards this CAL suit.
    Thanks King of Joy. Lets wait as to how things go. I will get in touch with you if there is a need.

If Greg wins the case, the government will pay attorney fees so there is no need. God forbid, if that does not happen or DOS backs out the VB making the lawsuit irrelevant, we can request Greg to take donation for his efforts.

Meanwhile, if i possible, kindly send flowers to Jeh Johnson. (Secretary, DHS). I know this is a step promoted by an Organization that is not liked here, but just hoping that it will have an effect.

I have sent 5 separate flower bouquets (one each for me and my wife who are directly Affected. one for my US citizen son. 2 on behalf of my colleagues who share my pain even though they have GC already).

Thanks!

Yoda
    Quote Originally Posted by tatikonda View Post
    Kudo's to Satya and Other plaintiffs.
    Any Idea on the timeline on the case like this will take ?
    Not yet. I will keep this forum informed if i find any info.

Thread Information