Page 35 of 95 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585 ... LastLast
Results 851 to 875 of 2358

Thread: EB2-3 Predictions (Rather Calculations)

  1. #851
    Thanks a lot Q, imdeng and anuprab.

  2. #852
    Q , imdeng and jimmar,

    There is a memorandum which prohibits duplicate I-485 applications in the same or different category under EB. I have posted the same long back, at the time of EB3 porting discussions.

    Congratulations to all, who are current under new acceptance date. Happy for long timers Jonty and Kd2008.

  3. #853
    Thanks Kanmani - I haven't seen the memo - but if you could check it up for everybody - can you please clarify - what constitutes duplicate?

    Can person A file one primary and one secondary (i.e. beneficiary) ?? Would that be considered duplicate?

    My gut feel is that that shouldn't be considered duplicate. But it would be good to confirm.


    Quote Originally Posted by Kanmani View Post
    Q , imdeng and jimmar,

    There is a memorandum which prohibits duplicate I-485 applications in the same or different category under EB. I have posted the same long back, at the time of EB3 porting discussions.

    Congratulations to all, who are current under new acceptance date. Happy for long timers Jonty and Kd2008.
    The purpose of this site is to improve clarity of GC process to help people plan their lives better. Use the info at your risk. None of this is legal advice.
    Please follow the Forum Rules and Guidelines as you participate or view the forum contents. | Forum Glossary

  4. #854
    Quote Originally Posted by qesehmk View Post
    Thanks Kanmani - I haven't seen the memo - but if you could check it up for everybody - can you please clarify - what constitutes duplicate?

    Can person A file one primary and one secondary (i.e. beneficiary) ?? Would that be considered duplicate?

    My gut feel is that that shouldn't be considered duplicate. But it would be good to confirm.
    Q, I am sure that duplicates are not allowed, that is where interfiling comes into play. If unwilling to interfile, USCIS warns to withdraw the second petition whichever not to be proceeded with.

    I am away from computer/bookmarks. Spec might have it handy.

  5. #855
    Kanmani - I know you were able to file I-485 back in 2012...I missed by a couple of months, but have optny to file next month (based on new VB system)...

    what was the time line like? say application filed oct 1, to getting the notice for finger printing, and then actual approval or receipt of ead/ap combo card

  6. #856
    Quote Originally Posted by vishnu View Post
    Kanmani - I know you were able to file I-485 back in 2012...I missed by a couple of months, but have optny to file next month (based on new VB system)...

    what was the time line like? say application filed oct 1, to getting the notice for finger printing, and then actual approval or receipt of ead/ap combo card
    Hey Vishnu, Congrats!

    Finger printing appointment would vary from case to case coz, it purely depends on the local office's schedule and slots. EAD/AP would take anywhere from 60 to 90 days in general. Finger printing delay would not hurt EAD/AP approval.

  7. #857
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanmani View Post
    Q, I am sure that duplicates are not allowed, that is where interfiling comes into play. If unwilling to interfile, USCIS warns to withdraw the second petition whichever not to be proceeded with.

    I am away from computer/bookmarks. Spec might have it handy.
    I am not sure if there is a memo on duplicates not allowed but our lawyer suggested against filing one more 485 for my spouse again as it leads to all sorts of complications. They have said they will interfile with his approved I 140 when dates become current, which they have now in this VB. So will update the forum when I hear back from the lawyers on what they are doing in our case.

    Also we already have EAD and APs valid till next yr and a RFE for medicals was also submitted few weeks back based on my EB3 2006 date so no point in submitting all this again and complicate things I guess
    Last edited by anuprab; 09-10-2015 at 03:25 PM.

  8. #858
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanmani View Post
    Q , imdeng and jimmar,

    There is a memorandum which prohibits duplicate I-485 applications in the same or different category under EB. I have posted the same long back, at the time of EB3 porting discussions.

    Congratulations to all, who are current under new acceptance date. Happy for long timers Jonty and Kd2008.

    You missed me Kanmani ... I also got a relief now ...

  9. #859
    Quote Originally Posted by mesan123 View Post
    You missed me Kanmani ... I also got a relief now ...
    mesan, Congratulations! happy for you friend.

  10. #860
    Makes sense Q, imdeng and harepathekaIntezar. I guess we need to wait for a few more bulletins to see how the acceptance dates and the approval dates pan out.

  11. #861
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanmani View Post
    Q , imdeng and jimmar,

    There is a memorandum which prohibits duplicate I-485 applications in the same or different category under EB. I have posted the same long back, at the time of EB3 porting discussions.

    Congratulations to all, who are current under new acceptance date. Happy for long timers Jonty and Kd2008.
    Thank you Kanmani! I truly appreciate it. My application packet is almost ready. Supporting docs and photos? Yes. Forms filled out and sent to attorney for approval? Yes. Medical visit done and waiting on the TB test. Also ready with a check for USCIS and attorney :-) Most important thing that both care about!

    I'm in a dilemma whether to send my medicals now or wait. Spec, please help! Here is my logic: Have the medicals done and ready but do not send them in - this is hedging. If there is an inkling of finalization dates moving, send in the medicals even before an RFE.

    Per: http://www.uscis.gov/news/alerts/usc...ination-record

    Starting June 1, 2014, USCIS will limit the validity period for all Forms I-693, Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record, to one year from the date of submission to USCIS. Applicants must also submit Form I-693 to USCIS within one year of the immigration medical examination. USCIS will also provide additional ways to submit Form I-693. As outlined in policy alert PA-2014-005, this updated policy applies to any Form I-693 supporting a benefit application that USCIS adjudicates on or after June 1, 2014.
    So this essentially may buy me two years at most.

    Many advised me against getting the medicals done since my PD of Sep 2010 is not going to be finalized anytime soon. But there has been so much talk about HR213 and other reforms that one never knows. Better to be ready than not. What are the additional ways to submit I-693 that USCIS says in the above quote?

    You all are peach! May you all file papers soon and turn green!

  12. #862
    Quote Originally Posted by kd2008 View Post
    Thank you Kanmani! I truly appreciate it. My application packet is almost ready. Supporting docs and photos? Yes. Forms filled out and sent to attorney for approval? Yes. Medical visit done and waiting on the TB test. Also ready with a check for USCIS and attorney :-) Most important thing that both care about!

    I'm in a dilemma whether to send my medicals now or wait. Spec, please help! Here is my logic: Have the medicals done and ready but do not send them in - this is hedging. If there is an inkling of finalization dates moving, send in the medicals even before an RFE.

    Per: http://www.uscis.gov/news/alerts/usc...ination-record



    So this essentially may buy me two years at most.

    Many advised me against getting the medicals done since my PD of Sep 2010 is not going to be finalized anytime soon. But there has been so much talk about HR213 and other reforms that one never knows. Better to be ready than not. What are the additional ways to submit I-693 that USCIS says in the above quote?

    You all are peach! May you all file papers soon and turn green!
    I am no expert but I think you should have your medicals done and send it. My PD is May 20, 2011 and I am still going to do the same. I asked my attorney and he said that I need to get medicals done and send it with I-485 as he is not sure what USCIS is planning to do over next 1 year with this strategy. When I asked him how USCIS will get visa numbers for someone like me who has PD of May 20, 2011 when actual approval dates are still in 2005, he said he doesn't know the answer either but he still insisted that I send the medicals.

  13. #863
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanmani View Post
    Q , imdeng and jimmar,

    Congratulations to all, who are current under new acceptance date. Happy for long timers Jonty and Kd2008.
    Kanmani,

    Indeed this is a good news for some of our friends on the forum. But overall, the year was a great disappointment for many people like you, Imdeng, myself included. And retrogressing dates further from Jan 2006 to May 2005 is like rubbing salt into the wound. On top of that, if we listen to Spec's ever pessimistic projections, it seems like there is no light at the end of the tunnel!

    Congratulations to all the people who can file I-485 now. But mark my words, after 6 months, all the new found euphoria will be gone! Come join us in another long line!!!

  14. #864
    Hello vedu,
    I am preparing my i485 packet. With PD of Jun09 I missed the boat in 2012 and this wait to even file has been so arduous that I almost feel minimal Joy in the ability to file.
    I will be happy to get EAD and yes back here in a few months euphoria less to join you as you said.

    Quote Originally Posted by vedu View Post
    Kanmani,

    Indeed this is a good news for some of our friends on the forum. But overall, the year was a great disappointment for many people like you, Imdeng, myself included. And retrogressing dates further from Jan 2006 to May 2005 is like rubbing salt into the wound. On top of that, if we listen to Spec's ever pessimistic projections, it seems like there is no light at the end of the tunnel!

    Congratulations to all the people who can file I-485 now. But mark my words, after 6 months, all the new found euphoria will be gone! Come join us in another long line!!!

  15. #865
    My attorney's recommendation is to submit medicals when uscis issues RFE. Following is his recommendation.
    You will need to have a Medical Examinations (Form I-693) completed by a designated USCIS civil surgeon before your green card is issued. Note that as USCIS is allowing you to file before a visa number is available and medical forms are only valid for 1-year, we recommend that you do not complete the medical examinations at this time. Rather, when a via number becomes available USCIS will issue a Request for Evidence asking for the medical report. If we submit the medical report at this stage, it will likely expire and you will need to pay to have a new medical examination completed at a later date.

  16. #866
    Wishes to you guys Kd, Jonty, mesan, aquatican, jimmar, and to all my friends.

    Kd, I personally feel sending medicals along with I-485, even though it is not mandatory to do so. There are few cracks rolling around there.

    Vedu, I kept GC in hand episode out of my way, back in Jan of this year. Not worth longing for GC anymore. It is what it is.

  17. #867
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanmani View Post
    Not worth longing for GC anymore. It is what it is.
    Follow your passion Kanmani! Long time after GC people wonder what they lost all those years waiting and waiting and waiting ... While I have had mine for several years now .. I do think that I should've been more fearless in pursuing life and career.

    Happy Friday!
    The purpose of this site is to improve clarity of GC process to help people plan their lives better. Use the info at your risk. None of this is legal advice.
    Please follow the Forum Rules and Guidelines as you participate or view the forum contents. | Forum Glossary

  18. #868
    Quote Originally Posted by qesehmk View Post
    Follow your passion Kanmani! Long time after GC people wonder what they lost all those years waiting and waiting and waiting ... While I have had mine for several years now .. I do think that I should've been more fearless in pursuing life and career.

    Happy Friday!
    by the time your card comes the fearless passion is gone because you are now old and lost any enthusiasm you had in your 30s...sad state of affairs!

    On other note, given the chart created by YTeleven, do experts see any favorable movement for EB3 -India this year. what is going on here and I am sure all experts are scratching their heads as well...

  19. #869
    From OH firm;
    http://www.immigration-law.com/

    *****
    Big Caveat: Visa Bulletin reform or I-140/EAD modernization reform may not be all that juicy since it comes with a huge risk. The risk is that such employees can leave job to take a job of other competiting business with valuable information and skills that are crucial after 180 days of I-485 filing! They will be left in the competitive open labor market. There are a lot of workers who have been stuck with the sponsoring employers for years or years, even more than 10 years for EB-3 cases and there will be a lot of competiting businesses sending out sweat winks to join them with much attractive salary, benefits, and better opportunties for their long-term careers. Employers cannot ignore this rsik since it goes more than waste of their money for training for years and paying expensive PERM applications and I-140 petitions.
    *****

    Funny how he did not mention that this applies to Indians only as ROWs are always current anyway.

  20. #870

    Answer to the long wait!

    Quote Originally Posted by anuprab View Post
    by the time your card comes the fearless passion is gone because you are now old and lost any enthusiasm you had in your 30s...sad state of affairs!
    Anuprab,

    I have found my own small solution to this long wait...and now I am at peace with myself! There are really only two benefits of a green card, you can work for any company of your choice and keep changing employers if you are not satisfied. Second, maybe you can start your own business! Then I realized the system works in a weird way. Not having a green card may stop you from working for a certain organization, but it doesn't stop you from owning a piece of that business. Thus, I started buying pieces (stocks) of great american businesses feverishly from open market. There is more fun in owning these companies than working for them. And they keep sending me quarterly dividend checks without a miss. Who needs mediocre paychecks when you can get a share in their profits year after year and you don't need a green card for that! And about the second benefit of the green card, why start your own new risky business, when you can easily own the existing great american businesses!!!
    Last edited by vedu; 09-11-2015 at 02:42 PM.

  21. #871
    Vedu

    Great Post. Just a few tips to add ..

    You can start and own a business in US on ANY visa. There are virtually no restrictions there.

    Same goes with owning a house. You can buy a house in US while being a citizen of Cameroon e.g. !! No visa requirements for buying property either.
    Quote Originally Posted by vedu View Post
    Anuprab,

    I have found my own small solution to this long wait...and now I am at peace with myself! There are really only two benefits of a green card, you can work for any company of your choice and keep changing employers if you are not satisfied. Second, maybe you can start your own business! Then I realized the system works in a weird way. Not having a green card may stop you from working for a certain organization, but it doesn't stop you from owning a piece of that business. Thus, I started buying pieces (stocks) of great american businesses feverishly from open market. There is more fun in owning these companies than working for them. And they keep sending me quarterly dividend checks without a miss. Who needs mediocre paychecks when you can get a share in their profits year after year and you don't need a green card for that! And about the second benefit of the green card, why start your own new risky business, when you can easily own the existing great american businesses!!!
    The purpose of this site is to improve clarity of GC process to help people plan their lives better. Use the info at your risk. None of this is legal advice.
    Please follow the Forum Rules and Guidelines as you participate or view the forum contents. | Forum Glossary

  22. #872
    Wow Just Wow!

    We can clearly see who Mr OH works for. So folks who are stuck in GC should be beholden to employer just because they got 'blessed' with the numerical limit applicable to their country.
    If anyone still thinks they should use Mr OH's services It would be quite wise to reconsider that decision.


    Quote Originally Posted by delguy View Post
    From OH firm;
    http://www.immigration-law.com/

    *****
    Big Caveat: Visa Bulletin reform or I-140/EAD modernization reform may not be all that juicy since it comes with a huge risk. The risk is that such employees can leave job to take a job of other competiting business with valuable information and skills that are crucial after 180 days of I-485 filing! They will be left in the competitive open labor market. There are a lot of workers who have been stuck with the sponsoring employers for years or years, even more than 10 years for EB-3 cases and there will be a lot of competiting businesses sending out sweat winks to join them with much attractive salary, benefits, and better opportunties for their long-term careers. Employers cannot ignore this rsik since it goes more than waste of their money for training for years and paying expensive PERM applications and I-140 petitions.
    *****

    Funny how he did not mention that this applies to Indians only as ROWs are always current anyway.
    Last edited by aquatican; 09-11-2015 at 04:13 PM.

  23. #873
    Q,

    Thanks for corrections/additions. I have different opinion about owning property, but well...this forum is for discussing immigration issues!

    Quote Originally Posted by qesehmk View Post
    Vedu

    Great Post. Just a few tips to add ..

    You can start and own a business in US on ANY visa. There are virtually no restrictions there.

    Same goes with owning a house. You can buy a house in US while being a citizen of Cameroon e.g. !! No visa requirements for buying property either.

  24. #874
    Vedu - In case you are interested - my views and experience in buying home in US are here ....

    Summary - hands down it's a great thing particularly for kids. They love their own home.


    Quote Originally Posted by vedu View Post
    Q,

    Thanks for corrections/additions. I have different opinion about owning property, but well...this forum is for discussing immigration issues!
    The purpose of this site is to improve clarity of GC process to help people plan their lives better. Use the info at your risk. None of this is legal advice.
    Please follow the Forum Rules and Guidelines as you participate or view the forum contents. | Forum Glossary

  25. #875
    Q - yeah, I followed that thread a long time back and you have made some convincing points there. But I happen to be a contrarian on that issue.

    Quote Originally Posted by qesehmk View Post
    Vedu - In case you are interested - my views and experience in buying home in US are here ....

    Summary - hands down it's a great thing particularly for kids. They love their own home.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 4 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 4 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •