• About Us

Summary
    Q's Immigration Blog is a free immigration blog. It was established in October 2010. It's key mission is to establish clarity around green card processing so that backlogged applicants can plan their life better and make better career decisions.

History
    While Qesehmk founded this blog as well as the original and now famous "EB2 Predictions Rather Calculations thread", many others contributed significantly or even more to this thread and blog since its inception. Its impossible to name all but it would be unfair not to mention Teddykuchoo, Spectator, Nishant and Veni who have contributed thousands of hours over years to help backlogged EB applicants get better clarity about green card processing.

How We Operate Today
    The site although privately owned is run on a not-for-profit basis. The advertising revenue is used for hosting and maintenance and most is really donated. If you are interested you can see all the past donations HERE. Many current and past green card applicants serve as moderators and many more continue to create their own analysis and post for others' benefit.
    Comments 5 Comments
      nbk1976 -
      Could you please let us know why this website is called "Qesehmk"? Is that a name?
      qesehmk -
      Quote Originally Posted by nbk1976 View Post
      Could you please let us know why this website is called "Qesehmk"? Is that a name?
      In 2010 I registered at ****************.org with this username and created a thread "EB2-3 Predictions Rather Calculations". This thread became hugely popular and other great contributors joined the thread. It received 3M views in just 6 months then. Then I moved the thread to its own website. I couldn't think of any other name so - just created a website qesehmk.org!!
      imdeng -
      Q is modest and I guess a little tired by now of bringing up that other site and all the associated issues. There was more to the story than the thread just becoming popular. Google does not forget and has remembered the following: http://www.trackitt.com/usa-discussi...s-new-location

I remember Teddy kept the thread going there for quite some time. There still is a thread there actually - but not much happens there anymore I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by qesehmk View Post
      In 2010 I registered at ****************.org with this username and created a thread "EB2-3 Predictions Rather Calculations". This thread became hugely popular and other great contributors joined the thread. It received 3M views in just 6 months then. Then I moved the thread to its own website. I couldn't think of any other name so - just created a website qesehmk.org!!
      imdeng -
      BTW - this just reminds me how much of a shared history we have here. Past few years we have stuck together, helped each other make sense, given and received career advice. I particularly remember a couple times I was in a pickle and my urgent questions were answered very quickly and very helpfully here.

Clearly the place is not as active as it was in like 2012, 2013 - but still - it has served a very valuable function. Two people who really made this place special: Q - you have built a lot of karma in building, growing and keeping this forum free/open/civil; Spec - you are a who you are - nothing more needs to be said - I would like to meet you some day and buy you a beer. Then we have (have had) other valuable folks - Kanmani, Teddy, Veni, Nishant... a good bunch.
      qesehmk -
      Quote Originally Posted by imdeng View Post
      BTW - this just reminds me how much of a shared history we have here. Past few years we have stuck together, helped each other make sense, given and received career advice. I particularly remember a couple times I was in a pickle and my urgent questions were answered very quickly and very helpfully here.

Clearly the place is not as active as it was in like 2012, 2013 - but still - it has served a very valuable function. Two people who really made this place special: Q - you have built a lot of karma in building, growing and keeping this forum free/open/civil; Spec - you are a who you are - nothing more needs to be said - I would like to meet you some day and buy you a beer. Then we have (have had) other valuable folks - Kanmani, Teddy, Veni, Nishant... a good bunch.
      Thanks imdeng. Indeed there is a lot of shared history here. Accumulating good karma is bonus. Personally when I was waiting for my own card - helping others actually helped me!! Spectator is one and only. The fact is I don't know him/her. It would be a shame not to know him after all these years. But whoever s/he is - has accumulated a lot of goodwill.